What Speakers Do You Own?
Oct 13, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #151 of 280
the speakers i currently use are a pair of energy rc-10 with an orb audio super eight for the computer and a pair of av123 elt525m with a jbl venue sub12 for the consoles.  i have a few other cheap or old or crappy speakers that aren't being used and probably won't ever be.  i really want a new sub for the computer setup and a new pair of bookshelves and a new sub for the console setup as well
frown.gif

Oct 14, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #152 of 280

Vintage Monitor Audio MA-8's. The right one has a slight problem with a sagging spider but they still sound (and look) beautiful.

Oct 15, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #153 of 280
My computer speakers are Audioengine A5s. Pretty decent for fairly cheap self powered stereo sound.

The front room has JM Labs Cobalt 826s. I like them a lot and great an amazing deal on them.

Nov 7, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #155 of 280
nicely done wallace! I am considering building an open baffle design with some Fostex full range.  A friend of mine has been experimenting with using a styraphome baffle and they sound killer. 

Nov 9, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #159 of 280
The Awesome Silverline Audio Minuets. (those would be the small ones in front of the maggies
wink_face.gif
)
Paired up with a sub they make an awesome full range system with killer imaging. (HSU VTF-2 MK 3 Subwoofer hiding in the corner)

OR....
Silverline Audio Preludes!
Down to 35Hz with a pair of 3" drivers?
Yeah, they really do.

Nov 9, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #160 of 280
Martin Logan Sequel II
Sorry I don't have a picture of them, they are in storage while
I have young children about...
I drive them with a Steve McCormack DNA.5

Nov 9, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #161 of 280

Quote:
very nice EeePee.  Mind posting a side profile shot? or a back shot.  what amps you using?  sub?

I took a back shot the same day but didn't post it after I realized how not good it looked.  But here ya go.

I had Bottlehead Paramours (first version) hooked up for a while, but the new living arrangements don't really coincide with them at the moment, so a Griffin Powerwave Class D amp hooked up to a Mac with a USB cable is what it is now, and it's just backround music at this point.  

No sub.  Yeah, they're a little anemic until you can get the room vibrating with them.  
biggrin.gif

I don't know how many they've sold, but I have #74 and 75.  Back from about 2003 maybe?

Nov 9, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #162 of 280
The mains for my 5.1 HT setup are Infinity Alpha 50's. Dual ported 8's, a 5 1/4, and a 1" tweeter per tower. Powered by a Yamaha RX-V2500 bi-amping the fronts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back