What Speakers Do You Own?
Nov 18, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #183 of 280

Quote:
Quote:
Are you using the SEX for the silverlines Todd?

The SEX amp belonged to a friend who needed me to check something on it, but I did try to drive the Silverlines with it. 1.8 watts didn't even come close to making it happen.
In spite of what the Silverline website says, the Preludes are actually have a sensitivity of around 87 db according to Stereophile's measurements.

I thought so....Still I wonder how it would pair with my heresy's or PSB alpha B1's....  

Nov 19, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #185 of 280

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Are you using the SEX for the silverlines Todd?

The SEX amp belonged to a friend who needed me to check something on it, but I did try to drive the Silverlines with it. 1.8 watts didn't even come close to making it happen.
In spite of what the Silverline website says, the Preludes are actually have a sensitivity of around 87 db according to Stereophile's measurements.

I thought so....Still I wonder how it would pair with my heresy's or PSB alpha B1's....  

Should work with the Heresy. I ran Forte's with it once and it was "Just" loud enough.

Nov 22, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #189 of 280
I only have Logitech garbage. Feels bad man.

I'd love to get into nice speakers, but they're much too expensive for me.

Nov 24, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #192 of 280

These are the reason that I stopped going to head-if so much and browse avsforum more...  Paradigm Mini Monitors with an Emotiva Ultra Sub10 (times two).  The best budget audiophile rig that I have listened too.  I'm in college now, and my setup just blows kids away.  I have Blue Jeans Cable 10 awg cables, dual subs, and a sweet looking set up (compared to may other college students).  Its a terrible picture but it looks pretty good in person, and its not bad for a college student's appartment who works at Target.  I'm always asked to bring my system to parties, but I'd rather not, Ive put too much of my own money into this for someone to spill a beer on my speakers.  My next goal is to get the Paradigm Studio 20's, along with some Emotiva mono block amps.

Nov 25, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #194 of 280

(Obligatory photo apologies) 

Energy ESW C-10 sub
PSB B25s
Martin Logan Motion 4s
All running off Hk 3390. I know its mid-fi and the placement is poor, but I enjoy it! And thats the point, right? :D

Nov 27, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #195 of 280

Quote:

(Obligatory photo apologies) 

Energy ESW C-10 sub
PSB B25s
Martin Logan Motion 4s
All running off Hk 3390. I know its mid-fi and the placement is poor, but I enjoy it! And thats the point, right? :D

...What's in the glowing cabinet?

Oh, and a question relating to this thread, is anyone familiar with vintage speakers from Sears? Did they rebrand OEM speakers or just so happen to have magical speaker builders working for them? I have a pair at my cottage and they are surprisingly good sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back