What Speakers Do You Own?
Dec 5, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #211 of 280
B&W 603's

Not very happy with them, which is one of the main reasons I got into good headphones

Dec 5, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #212 of 280
What do you think is wrong with them?  I have listened to them before to, and I wasn't terribly impressed with them either.  I thought the highs sucked and the mids were too dry (if that makes sense).  I just want to know what you think is wrong with them. 

Dec 5, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #213 of 280
Yep

I'm not very used to describing these thing but:
the lows are great, but just too much. Gets in the way of dynamics. Highs suck. I don't get much detail, just get a nicely warm sound. It's like they put a warm blanket on the sound or something. The speakers just seem to be too slow. Sometimes seems like all they have is slamming bass, nothing more.

I bought them 12 years ago, when I was 19. Then I was very pleased with them but these days I find myself enjoying headphones to listen music to.

I practically use them only when watching movies or concerts, the B&W's. 

(edit: they're paired with Marantz SR4001 as a receiver)

Dec 5, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #214 of 280
Proglover,

Are those series 3? I think those are beautiful. I have the 602s3. I know they're only low-end but I enjoy mine and have no complaints...but I seem to be easy to please. I have my 602s3 set up properly in a dedicated room in a near-field placement. I also run a Velodyne HGS-10 sub with these. If I had the money to blow on an upgrade, I'd ditch my Rotel amp and buy some nice active monitors for around $1,500.

I bought mine in the US when they were first released(actually a pre-order).I believe this was 8~9 years ago. I heard the 602s2 and was impressed with them compared to other nice brands in this price range such as Paradigm among a few others.

If you click on my sig "Evil Things" , it will take you to my Webshots where you can navigate to another album that shows my music room.

Dec 5, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #215 of 280
I don't know which version, don't know how to check that? I bought them new, 12 years ago. I compared between 602, 603 and 604 and some JBL's and Magnats (awful!) in that store.

Do you have a direct link for me for that music room?
I see pictures of (some very cool) portables, I found a beatiful cat, but not a music room
blink.gif

Dec 5, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #217 of 280
ow yeah, looks very nice, that chair seems to be very relaxing to sit on

that amp, I would spend much more time with that now, then with my 603's!

(found that beautiful cat again
tongue.gif
 , at my home the cat's always sitting on my lap while I listen to music)

What an inventory you have man, hard to belief you actually listen to 602's besides that:)

Dec 5, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #220 of 280

Quote:
It's very nice of the cat to allow you to use the chair now and then.

actually with wintertime here in Holland right now, when i get out of the chair behind my pc, she immediately jumps on the chair (chair=warm). When I come back she doesn't let me go back easily.

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #222 of 280
Soo.... In the past few months (7-8 months) I've traded around a lot of speakers.

Started with Sony SS-K70ED Floorstanding speakers (considering I paid $150 with a 5 year warranty, I dont think it was too bad) in '05

Few months ago I got a Magnepan MMG, then I later added a Energy S8.3 sub.

Since then I've had Magnepan SMG's (2 pairs), MG12's, MG1.6's, Vandersteen 2CE, Paradigm Studio Reference 100 v.2 (still have these), Atom v.2, and v.4, also a set of Insignia NS-B2111. There are p

I never really had more than 2 pairs at the same time. I just like trying out difference speakers. I've given away the Insignia's and sold/traded the rest (except for the Paradigm towers). I'm not sure what I want next... I think I want something small that I can use near my desktop. I'm thinking about getting the Swan M200 MKIII.

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #223 of 280

Quote:
Quote:

actually with wintertime here in Holland right now, when i get out of the chair behind my pc, she immediately jumps on the chair (chair=warm). When I come back she doesn't let me go back easily.

Buy a heating pad for your cat.  My cat is crazy about her pad - I put a heating pad inside a basket with cheap fleece blanket over it.  Not only is the cat happy, but it keeps her off the furniture.

Dec 29, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #224 of 280

Fronts: Klipsch Reference Series RB-61
Center: Klipsch RC-52
Rears: JBL (from 1995 no idea...they work for me I'm not as concerned about rear detail as I am with the front sound stage matching and the sub)
Sub: Definitive Technology Supercube II

Dec 30, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #225 of 280

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Buy a heating pad for your cat.  My cat is crazy about her pad - I put a heating pad inside a basket with cheap fleece blanket over it.  Not only is the cat happy, but it keeps her off the furniture.

I love you Uncle Erik. You are the greatest mod ever. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back