What movie did you just see?
Aug 10, 2005 at 5:44 AM Post #616 of 648
War of the Worlds - a big disappointment. It just wasn't involving, very thin plot, uninteresting characters, with an annoying little 10 year-old girl, a non-descript teenage boy and Tom Cruise running around acting scared the entire movie. Not my cup of tea.

Aug 10, 2005 at 5:51 AM Post #617 of 648
Quote:

with an annoying little 10 year-old girl

Yeah, I'm getting sick of that same little girl in every movie now.

Aug 10, 2005 at 6:11 AM Post #618 of 648
I just saw Cold Creek Manor last night. It is probably the worst movie I have ever seen. Scenes that were meant to be "thrilling" or "scary" were just super hilarious instead.

Aug 10, 2005 at 4:24 PM Post #619 of 648
Just saw Murderball, probably the best movie I have seen this year! It's an excellent, exciting documentary. It's about quad rugby and the lives of the players and the competition between the Canadian and American teams. It's just a phenomenally great film. Everyone should see it, it is just that good and satisfying.

Aug 20, 2005 at 12:37 PM Post #620 of 648
40 Year Old Virgin: Saw it yesterday as soon as it opened. I've been waiting anxiously for it because STEVE CARELL cracks me up in the U.S. version of "The Office". It was a little rough around the edges but did have some laughs. It seems many new comedies try to have at least one way-over-the-top scene in them ( like the zipper and hair-gel scene in Something About Mary ) and 40 YOV is among them. The dialogue was unnecessarily crude at times and there were scenes where it was obvious the actors were ad-libbing which came across a little awkward, but all in all, not bad. Knowing what I know now, I would have waited for the DVD release however.

Aug 20, 2005 at 1:19 PM Post #621 of 648
A Matter of Taste (2000)
Une Affaire de Goût

Frederic Delamont, a wealthy, powerful, middle-aged businessman, is smitten with Nicolas, a handsome young waiter. Lonely and phobic, Delamont offers Nicolas a lucrative job as his personal food taster, and, in spite of their differences, a close friendship emerges between the two men. But their bond of trust and admiration soon spirals downward into a dangerous game of deceit and obsession for which neither is prepared. …
600smile.gif

Aug 20, 2005 at 4:45 PM Post #623 of 648
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
I just watched Constantine, it kept me interested but man the whole premise of that movie is a load of shhiiiiiit haha.

why? i thought the premise sounded pretty logical. demons and angels fighting over us.

Aug 20, 2005 at 4:47 PM Post #624 of 648
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
War of the Worlds - a big disappointment. It just wasn't involving, very thin plot, uninteresting characters, with an annoying little 10 year-old girl, a non-descript teenage boy and Tom Cruise running around acting scared the entire movie. Not my cup of tea.

sounds like the original
wink.gif

Aug 26, 2005 at 11:06 PM Post #625 of 648
Brothers Grimm - Saw it this afternoon. Great sets. Great costumes. Pretty Good acting. Most disjointed story ever. Not really scary and not really funny although it seemed to attempt both. Didn't care in the slightest about any of the characters. I couldn't wait for it to end. Not really sure what I expected, but I expected more than that. At least it gave some insight into the era that spawned those nasty, gory bedtime stories.

Aug 27, 2005 at 4:54 AM Post #627 of 648
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
Brothers Grimm - Saw it this afternoon. Great sets. Great costumes. Pretty Good acting. Most disjointed story ever. Not really scary and not really funny although it seemed to attempt both. Didn't care in the slightest about any of the characters. I couldn't wait for it to end. Not really sure what I expected, but I expected more than that. At least it gave some insight into the era that spawned those nasty, gory bedtime stories.

That seems to be the general feeling conveyed in some of the reviews I've read. Beautiful visually but vacant in storyline.

It's a shame because the ads look pretty interesting.

Aug 27, 2005 at 8:09 AM Post #628 of 648
Theater: 2046. A cinematic masterpiece. Artistic, emotional, and thought proviking. Just like Wong Kar Wai's previous "In The Mood For Love".

At Home: Finding Neverland and Kung Fu Hustle.

Aug 27, 2005 at 11:29 AM Post #629 of 648
Quote:

That seems to be the general feeling conveyed in some of the reviews I've read. Beautiful visually but vacant in storyline.

Yes. The camera work was excellent. I usually avoid reviews, preferring to decide for myself, but after wasting my money on that one, I think I'm going to start paying attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back