What movie did you just see?
Oct 10, 2005 at 6:16 AM Post #646 of 648
This just makes me want to see Serenity even more. I'm a fan of the tv series also (damn Fox for cancelling it
tongue.gif
). Too bad I can't find anyone who will willingly go with me and I feel like a dork going to the movies by myself.
frown.gif

Oct 10, 2005 at 8:51 AM Post #647 of 648
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
I usually avoid reviews, preferring to decide for myself, but after wasting my money on that one, I think I'm going to start paying attention.

Yeah I have to hit Rotten Tomatoes before spending my money. And it was that that had me choose A History of Violence over Serenity with a 90% over 80% score at the time. It was a low score in the 30's that had me stay away from the Brothers Grimm. Too bad, I wanted BG to be good.

I liked A History of Violence.
I can't give anything away. The acting is very fine by all. Can Ed Harris not act well even if he's something of a cartoon character? A cameo later in the film makes it worth the money (hilarious). I didn't realize at the time that this was a Cronenberg film. There is a sex scene that was a first I think. Not titillating but it was entertaining to hear the complete silence of the audience, except for the sound of a hundred bums shift in their seats!
600smile.gif

Oct 12, 2005 at 6:48 AM Post #648 of 648
Aye, I darn near forgot about this thread! I saw The Devil's Rejects at my local theatre-pub, Norther Lights(I do their cleaning after hours) and I have to say it was better than most horror movies I've seen lately, especially with all the crappy remakes like The Fog and Amityville Horror. The violence was a bit more realistic in that it wasn't being over stylized, IMO.
Overall, I liked it, but I also admittedly don't see enough movies, and I'm still pissed I never saw Sin City in theaters.

580smile.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back