What movie did you just see?
Aug 9, 2005 at 6:22 AM Post #602 of 648
Keanu Reeves can act?
confused.gif

MOVIE RECOMMENDATION:

I dont know how the Europeans do it... They managed to twist wit, wry humour, tears, disgust and anguish into this 2001 movie : [size=small]NO MAN's LAND[/size]

Linkie : [size=small]No man's land [/size]

If you havent watched it already - give it a shot. I was LMAO one minute...and crying the next...

Amazing...AMAZING movie. One of the best I have ever seen to date...Easily in my personal Top 50.

Aug 9, 2005 at 6:49 AM Post #603 of 648
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickG
Just watched Constantine.

<yawn>

I must say that the movie did nothing to change my opinion of Keanu Reeves' acting skills...

Absolutely horrible movie, but I just sat through Alexander. Even worse, the braindead director's cut. Oliver Stoned. Terrible acting, dribble for dialogue and ridiculous wigs.

Aug 9, 2005 at 6:55 AM Post #604 of 648
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickG
Just watched Constantine.

<yawn>

I must say that the movie did nothing to change my opinion of Keanu Reeves' acting skills...

I rather liked it, but then, I paid dearly for the movie: attempted sneaking in via switching theaters once (NC, $DEITY knows why, insists you have to be 18 to get into an R movie, rather than 17) and failed. So I was already pissed. Second time I made it, and as such, probably forced myself to enjoy it. It wasn't all that bad, anyway.

A recent standout that I saw was Hostage. Bloody awesome. Watched it again the next day, it was that good. Brilliant thriller with good characters all around.

Aug 9, 2005 at 7:21 AM Post #605 of 648
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich
A recent standout that I saw was Hostage. Bloody awesome. Watched it again the next day, it was that good. Brilliant thriller with good characters all around.

Absolutely. I wasn't expecting much when I rented it recently, however, I was pleasantly surprised.

Aug 9, 2005 at 1:56 PM Post #606 of 648
I go to the theater about once a week. The last movie I saw was The Wedding Crashers. It was awesome!

Lately, I've been renting DVDs from Netflix and I'm now addicted to The Sopranos. I'm on Season 3 now. I just can't stop watching it!!

Aug 9, 2005 at 2:37 PM Post #608 of 648
Constantine here as well. Didn't care much for it. Some cool effects.
Keanu needs to take some acting lessons or something !!

Aug 9, 2005 at 3:01 PM Post #610 of 648
Constantine bit. I couldn't even understand half of what Reeves was saying. He looked like he was constipated the entire movie (hell, his entire career). Convoluted mess.

Saw "The Devil's Rejects" this weekend. Awesome movie. For me, not quite as fun as "House Of 1,000 Corpses", but an excellent second attempt at directing from Rob Zombie. Gruesome and dark movie, had the 70's film vibe going, very effective.

Aug 9, 2005 at 4:28 PM Post #611 of 648
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jam_Master_J
I've come to the conclusion that Keanu Reeves would be a perfect actor if he only had to stand around and appear to be in deep thought.

Which is why he was perfect for The Matrix.

I also thought he was perfect for Johnny Mnemonic, because he spent the entire movie looking like his head couldn't handle everything that was trying to be forced into it.

I actually really liked Constantine, and not just for the cool effects (easily the best depiction of hell in recent memory). I thought Peter Stormare as Satan was perfect, albeit not your stereotypical depiction (which in my mind, made it better). And Tilda Swinton as Gabriel was a nice touch.

And yeah, I just plain liked the story.

Aug 9, 2005 at 5:18 PM Post #612 of 648
"charlie and the chocolate factory"
johnny depp was hilarious as wonka. the oompa loompa musical numbers were also a riot! it may be a bit much for younger kids, especially the squirrel scene.

Aug 9, 2005 at 5:50 PM Post #613 of 648
Quote:

Originally Posted by acidtripwow
I go to the theater about once a week. The last movie I saw was The Wedding Crashers. It was awesome!

Lately, I've been renting DVDs from Netflix and I'm now addicted to The Sopranos. I'm on Season 3 now. I just can't stop watching it!!

Have you ever seen Deadwood?

My mother bought the DVDs after borrowing them all from the library and I was surprised by how much I like it.

Pretty sensational, but there is some great acting.

Aug 10, 2005 at 2:40 AM Post #614 of 648
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Actual
Have you ever seen Deadwood?

My mother bought the DVDs after borrowing them all from the library and I was surprised by how much I like it.

Pretty sensational, but there is some great acting.

Soon. Its been getting alot of hype here. I'm getting the box set after I finish the Voyager series
icon10.gif

Aug 10, 2005 at 3:52 AM Post #615 of 648
Just saw kill bill vol. 2.

I enjoyed it overall, but sometimes I thought there was just too much yakking . . . and to be honest, I expected more to the final scenes. But, eh, it was all good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back