Fatboy Slim
Apocalyptica (boring)
Nicola Conte Jazz Combo
Tuxedomoon
Vuneny (local heroes)
The Rolling Stones (wow!)
Tool (Wow!!)
Chris Rea
Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds (just last night. amazing energy!)

+

The Police
Franz Ferdinand
Cypress Hill

+ last weekend blasts>

Manu Chao / Radio Bemba (even better than in 2002. 40 000 crowd going nuts for whole two hours)
Kruder & Dorfmeister Summer Sessions Live (in bone-rattling 3 hour house set. I just Love these guys)

It`s been a great summer so far
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #318 of 739
These are the top five shows I have attended in my life:

5. Keane, Matt Pond PA - Casbah; 6/3/2005
4. Starflyer 59, Denison Marrs - PLNU Rec Room; 10/8/02
3. Jimmy Eat World, Jebidiah - Epicentre; 11/1/00
2. Pedro the Lion, Starflyer 59, Rilo Kiley, Seldom - El Rey Theatre; 9/29/2001
1. Pedro the Lion, Death Cab for Cutie, Starflyer 59 - Cafe' Fais Do Do; 11/4/00

I am going to go see Bob Dylan soon, so he might break into the top five. However, a lot of the reason these five are up there is because my life was in a very 'memorable' place when these shows happened.

Plus, it was cool to be able to see Jimmy Eat World two years before they got famous and Death Cab three plus years before.

Jul 15, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #319 of 739
Opeth w/ Moonspell, Devildriver
Static-X w/ Soil, Skrape
Pelican w/ Daughters, Cursed and Kenmode (terrible, terrible openers)
Pelican w/ Priestbird, Nadja
Red Sparrowes (twice)
Boris w/ Nachtmystium, Torche
Dead Meadow
Muse
Queens of the Stone Age (twice, once with Throw Rag opening)
Efterklang
Sunn O))) w/ Oren Ambarchi
Om
Plotkin & Wyskida w/ Nadja
KTL w/ Sleep Research Facility, some other band I don't remember
Vampire Moose
Acid Mothers Temple w/ Nadja, Mammatus
Acid Mothers Temple w/ Danava
Broken Social Scene (Free outdoor show. Crappy band, crappy show)
Giant Squid w/ Grayceon, Nadja
Nadja (alone)
Isis w/ Zozobra, Jesu

Can't remember others.

Aug 14, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #320 of 739
Added another concert to the list last night. My wife and I saw Radiohead at the Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden, New Jersey. I was really impressed. I like all of Radiohead's music, but I am primarily a post-Kid A fan. They did justice to the full spectrum of their work, but "All I Need," Idioteque," "There, There (The Boney King Of Nowhere)," "House Of Cards" "Climbing Up The Walls," and their finale "Everything In Its Right Place" were the highlights for me. I had never seen Radiohead live before. I had watched the "In The Basement" music documentary. I knew that they were supposed to be good live, but I didn't expect them to be as good as they were. Thom Yorke was very animated when I thought that he was a close-the-eyes and meditate-type singer. They seemed like very genuine, nice people and polite to the audience. Jonny Greenwood is definitely the introvert; back there in the corner doing amazing sounds. The lights, video/sound system were state of the art. Two encores. Great concert, beautiful night for a semi-outdoor concert. Good memories were made....

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f9/wha...99/index9.html

Nov 9, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #321 of 739
Wow, I can't believe that nobody added to this thread since I saw Radiohead in August. Well, I added another concert to my list last night. My wife and I went to the Tower Theater In Upper Darby (Philadelphia), PA. to share "An Evening With David Byrne." I expected a good concert and that's what it turned out to be. He did several songs from "Everything That Happens Will Happen Today." He did a couple of songs from "My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts." He also did way more from Talking Heads than I expected. He did "Houses In Motion," "Crosseyed and Painless," "Born Under Punches," "Heaven," "I Zimbra," Life During Wartime," "Take Me To The River," and, of course, "Once In A Lifetime," and "Burning Down The House." (...the only Taking Heads song, that I like that he didn't do was "Psycho-Killer") Byrnes's voice was spot on and his band did a great job. I'm thinking of catching the tour again in York, Pa. It was a great evening with David Byrne!

Nov 9, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #322 of 739
I'll name what I can remember. I've been to a few festivals, so I'll only name the memorable groups from those, or this could be a long list:

The Darkness x2
Queens of the Stone age x3
The White Stripes
Pearl Jam
Kings of Leon x2
Interpol
Crystal Castles
Daft Punk
The Tragically Hip
Dinosaur Jr.
The Warlocks
The Black Angels
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Placebo
Idlewilde
Black Mountain
Art Brut
Dandy Warhols
Brian Jonestown Massacre
Franz Ferdinand x2
Steven Malkmus and the Jicks
Arcade Fire x2
Pixies
Weezer
...And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead...
The Vines
Jet
The (international) Noise Conspiracy
Smashing Pumpkins
Our Lady Peace
Foo Fighters
A Perfect Circle
Peter Bjorn and John
Cold War Kids
The Black Keys
Primus
Kasabian
The Futureheads
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
The Who
The Mars Volta x2
Sparta
System of a Down
Metric
Death From Above 1979
Death Cab For Cutie
Ben Harper
The Hives

because of the gf:
Christina Aguilera w/ *****cat Dolls
Gwen Stefani

This doesn't include most opening bands, or smaller touring and local acts that most people have never heard of. Or bands that I have seen but really didn't like (e.g. Sum 41).

Nov 9, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #323 of 739
Being able to go to concerts, take photos and get paid! My dream come true!!! Mark A Martinez
Many, many, many shows under my belt.
So far this year the top three would be My Morning Jacket, Mogwai and Minus the Bear. Not the same night but amazing shows!
And just found out I will be photographing Death Cab For Cutie, Cold War Kids, Sarah McLachlan and Alanis Morrissette.

Nov 9, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #324 of 739
Quote:

Originally Posted by fzsrv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Being able to go to concerts, take photos and get paid! My dream come true!!! Mark A Martinez
Many, many, many shows under my belt.
So far this year the top three would be My Morning Jacket, Mogwai and Minus the Bear. Not the same night but amazing shows!
And just found out I will be photographing Death Cab For Cutie, Cold War Kids, Sarah McLachlan and Alanis Morrissette.

That would be a dream come true...cool pictures!

Nov 11, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #325 of 739
My latest update is that I saw Level 42 and Elbow recently. Both were excellent in different ways. One was pure nostalgia, the other pure joy.

Next week, it's Simple Minds.

Nov 11, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #326 of 739
I saw Underoath, The Devil Wears Prada, and Saosin last night. It was probably one of the top 5 best experiences of my life.
smile_phones.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #329 of 739
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I can't believe that nobody added to this thread since I saw Radiohead in August. Well, I added another concert to my list last night. My wife and I went to the Tower Theater In Upper Darby (Philadelphia), PA. to share "An Evening With David Byrne." I expected a good concert and that's what it turned out to be. He did several songs from "Everything That Happens Will Happen Today." He did a couple of songs from "My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts." He also did way more from Talking Heads than I expected. He did "Houses In Motion," "Crosseyed and Painless," "Born Under Punches," "Heaven," "I Zimbra," Life During Wartime," "Take Me To The River," and, of course, "Once In A Lifetime," and "Burning Down The House." (...the only Taking Heads song, that I like that he didn't do was "Psycho-Killer") Byrnes's voice was spot on and his band did a great job. I'm thinking of catching the tour again in York, Pa. It was a great evening with David Byrne!

This thread seems to die for long periods of time, but I plan to continue posting the occasional concerts that I see. I would like to read more about the concert experiences of others here. I enjoyed the November show that I described above so much that I went to spend another "Evening With David Byrne" last night at The Mann Center in Philadelphia. It was basically the same show and equally as good. This show was enhanced by an opening performance by DeVotchKa. Man, they are a fun band to see live. I was very much impressed and encourage those who like them to seek out a live performance. Great musicianship and an eclectic sound that draws on many influences. A great evening despite the weather. I could see David Byrne's breath as he sang. Next concerts on the agenda are two U2 shows less than a week apart in the fall (it's a long story...), I hope to see somebody else between now and then...

Other Concerts That I've seen:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f9/wha...99/index6.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back