What Live concerts have you attended?
Jan 30, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #736 of 739

Saw them last Aug. This will be my 3rd time front row. Crazy prices for tickets. My 1st front row was under $100 the ones I just got were $260.

I hear you.

Artist business model has changed in that they now must focus on concert touring as their main source of income...

wink.gif

Feb 4, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #737 of 739

I hear you.

Artist business model has changed in that they now must focus on concert touring as their main source of income...

wink.gif

That's the thing, costs have gone up for multiple reasons, check out stubhub and the artists can get immediate feedback on what people are willing to pay for tickets, compound that with a drop in income for the artists via the internet and it is a perfect storm.

I feel a bought bargain tickets for Elton John $150, great seats, as the sale wasn't on ticketmaster
Noel Gallagher later in the year at the Ryman (Nashville) less than $100 via his fan site

If I have a rant it is all about Ticketmaster, they bitch about the bots, yet do nothing to shut it.
There are programs for sale on the net that buy up tickets, even though they cost a lot, you can use the software to buy a 1000 tix and resale them at 2-3X's cost. 

The artists are sick of it and the public is pissed as well.
The NY Attorney General is now fully engaged and maybe ticketmaster will finally get serious about the problem.

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #739 of 739
My daughter just spent $200 on Stub Hub to see Twenty One Pilots. She saved for weeks and loved the show, but still, it's another example of where prices are these days!
:expressionless:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back