What Live concerts have you attended?
Jun 7, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #331 of 739
The Living End, End of Fashion, Kisschasy, Alesana, All That Remains, Unearth, Underoath, Dillinger Escape Plan, 36 Crazyfists, Lacuna Coil, DevilDriver, In Flames, Nine Inch Nails, Lamb of God, Wish For Wings.

Most of the big names were at Soundwave.
It was awesome.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 7, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #332 of 739
Too many to mention (or remember), most notable:

Ozzfest 97: Ozzy Osbourne, Marilyn Manson, Pantera, Type O Negative, Fear Factory, Machine Head, Powerman 5000, Coal Chamber, Neurosis (didn't know who half of them were unfortunately)

Moondance Jam 98: Steppenwolf, Yes, Steve Miller Band, Foreigner, Alan Parsons Project, Kenny Wayne Shepard, Johnny Lang, Foghat

Page and Plant 98: One of the most amazing shows I've ever seen. They played many of the classics, no Stairway.

Aerosmith 98: Opener was Seven Mary Three in support of their second album still played mostly American Standard songs which was awesome. Aerosmith played mostly old stuff which was great and the show climaxed on a spotlight of a Joe Perry solo on Draw The Line. One of the better lighting/pyrotechnics I've seen.

Ozzfest 2000: Ozzy Osbourne, Pantera, Godsmack, Static-X, Incubus, Methods of Mayhem, P.O.D., Queens of the Stone Age, Soulfly at Floatrite Amphitheatre, Somerset WI one of the coolest places to spend an afternoon.

Tattoo The Earth (Somerset and Milwaukee): Slipknot, Slayer, Sevendust, Sepultura, hed (pe), Mudvayne, Hatebreed, Full Devil Jacket, Nothingface, Six Feet Under, Lamb of God, God Forbid, Dropkick Murphys, Sick of It All

Others: Ray Charles, Deftones, Tool, Crosby Stills Nash & Young

Jun 7, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #333 of 739
Prince, Lenny Kravitz, Orbital, Spacek, Fertile Ground, Kraftwerk, Nuspirit Helsinki, Jeff Lorber Fusion, Rick Braun, Peter White, Maxwell, George Duke, Roachford, Acoustic Alchemy, Oneness of Juju, Slave, de la Soul, Mantronix, Omar, Don-e, David Benoit, Roy Hargrove, The Time, New Groove Collective, Ronny Jordan, Light of the World, Roy Ayers, Incognito, Bob James, Fatback, Herbie Hancock, Headhunters, David Sanborn, Airto Feat Flora Purim, Ramp,

A few forgotten as not memorable performances

Bryston..Lehman..Grado

Jun 7, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #334 of 739
I haven't seen anything in years, but back when I went to a lot of shows I saw:

Radiohead (at Red Rocks- amazing), Dylan, Bob Weir, MM&W, U2, REM, Wilco, DMB, Allmans, Jane's Addiction, Paul Simon, Sting, John Scofield, and many others...

Jun 7, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #335 of 739
Grateful Dead (x7)
Santana
The Police
Albert Collins
Koko Taylor
Buddy Guy (x2)
Son Seals
Dirty Dozen Brass Band
Lonnie Brooks (x3)
Culture
Burning Spear
Yellowman
De La Soul (x2)
Tribe Called Quest (x2)
Public Enemy (x3)
Dinosaur Jr.
Primus
Bad Brains
Tad
The Breeders
Soul Asylum (x3)
Smashing Pumpkins
Billy Bragg
fIREHOSE
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Beastie Boys (x5)
Sonic Youth (x3)

I am probably forgetting a few.

Jun 8, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #337 of 739
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsjustwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just seen the Melvins at the showbox in seattle..incredible show...with Green River opening up for them...way heavy...sweeeet
evil_smiley.gif

Heavy being the operative word. I am jealous.

Jun 22, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #340 of 739
Only been to a few shows since bakersfield isnt exactly the prime touring destination for bands, ive only been to a two korn concerts and i went to an amazing (like always) Gogol Bordello concert in ventura this year.

Jun 22, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #342 of 739
I saw Shadows Fall / Lamb of God / Slipknot at the Rosemont a few years back. Since then I have seen

Amber Pacific / The Junior Varsity (Lame)
All Time Low / Just Surrender / The Audition / Amber Pacific
The Swellers / A Wilhelm Scream
A Wilhelm Scream

Jun 22, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #343 of 739
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heading to Dallas tomorrow to see Eric Clapton/Steve Winwood.
I am psyched! I think it will be an in-freakin'-credible show!

Saw the concert on PBS/Palladium HD program "Soundstage." Have it on my DVR right now. Looks like it is a great show. I just missed the tour in Philadelphia last week, wish that I could have gone. You'll have to report your impressions...

Jun 23, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #344 of 739
Rage Against the machine Coachella 07
Pinback San Francisco 08
Grizzly Bear L.A 09
Bad Religion L.A 08
Tiger Army Fresno 08
Bouncing Souls L.A 08
Atmosphere L.A 08
and more this summer.

Jun 23, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #345 of 739
One thing I miss about London is all the gigs that you can go to easily.
Hammersmith Odean; Town and Country; Ronnie Scott...even Royal Albert Hall.
Some of the concerts I went to-
Jeff Beck;
Jimmy Page;
David Bowie;
Eric Clapton;
Steve Winwood;
Elton John;
Carlos Santana;
Johnny Winter;
Billy Joel;
Rainbow-15 minutes' bus journey to get there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back