Willet

Jun 15, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #303 of 739
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the past month I've seen:

The English Beat w/ The Bonedaddys
The Cure w/ 65daysofstatic
Swervedriver w/ Film School

How was the English Beat. I loved them in their prime. Same band members? How did "Mirror in the Bathroom" sound?

Jun 15, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #304 of 739
Dave Wakeling was the only original member left, but I have to say it was one of the best shows I've seen. The atmosphere was so upbeat and positive...and everyone in the crowd was dancing. The show lasted for a good 2.5-3 hours. Dave was really enjoying himself on stage. He allowed audience members to come on stage to dance with the band.

Mirror in the Bathroom was very lively and energetic. It sounded pretty close to the studio version, but they couldn't quite nail the guitar effects on the studio version. They're coming to town again in 2 months...I'm definitely going to go see them again.

Jun 15, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #305 of 739
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dave Wakeling was the only original member left, but I have to say it was one of the best shows I've seen. The atmosphere was so upbeat and positive...and everyone in the crowd was dancing. The show lasted for a good 2.5-3 hours. Dave was really enjoying himself on stage. He allowed audience members to come on stage to dance with the band.

Mirror in the Bathroom was very lively and energetic. It sounded pretty close to the studio version, but they couldn't quite nail the guitar effects on the studio version. They're coming to town again in 2 months...I'm definitely going to go see them again.

Interesting...They were not too far from me playing at a place called "Rams Head On Stage" (a brew pub, a very small, but really cool venue) in Annapolis, Maryland on May 19th and 20th. I passed it up because I had several other concerts on my radar at that time. Sorry I missed it...

Jun 15, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #306 of 739
Add KT Tunstall to my list ,I went to the town hall in manhatan,a couple
of weeks ago with my wife.

The concert was great,Kt is a great live perfomer,plays a mean quitar,the band with her was also tight.

Jun 15, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #307 of 739
Killswitch Engage with Lamb of God, Unearth
And Lamb of God by them selves.

Soon to go to an Opeth concert
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #308 of 739
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a great idea! Mind if I steal it? I've managed to save many of my old concert tickets, and my coffee table has a glass top.

For pics.

Jun 16, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #310 of 739
Tool (!)
The White Stripes (!)
Korn
System of a Down
Iron Maiden
Mars Volta
Foo Fighters
Kenny Rogers
Van Morrison
Queens of the Stone Age
Deftones
Mudvayne
John Buttler
.....sure there are some others

Jun 28, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #312 of 739
Nick Cave
John Cale
Ornette Coleman
PJ Harvey
NIN
The Wedding Present
The Decemberists
Rufus Wainwright
Cecilia Bartoli
Stereolab
REM
Patti Smith
Autechre
Buckethead
John Zorn
Tori Amos

and some others I can't quite remember right now...

Jul 11, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #313 of 739
My list is modest but I'm young(ish) so forgive it:
arcade fire
lcd soundsystem
andrew bird
lupe fiasco (worst sound ever, Pitt got him to come and put him in the old basketball stadium, resonated like no other)
The roots - sweet
Spoon

Gonna see okkervill river in october hopefully.

going to the festival here in pittsburgh next month gonna see the roots again, spoon, dylan, raconteurs, gnarls barkley, should be a good time.

Jul 12, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #314 of 739
I saw Van Morrison last night at The Tower Theater in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania. The Tower is a good place to see any concert. Man, I was impressed. Morrison had no opening act and he appeared and began the concert precisely when it was scheduled to start. Great set list, his voice was absolutely amazing, and his band was one of the tightest groups of musicans that I have ever seen. What a great evening "An Evening With Van Morrison" was...next concert Radiohead, August 12th...

Other concerts I've seen:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f9/wha...99/index9.html

Jul 12, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #315 of 739
First
The Who (original line up), 4th October 1975

Most memorable
Bob Marley & The Wailers, 22nd June 1978

Last
The Blockheads 30th anniversary tour, 9th November 2007

Next
Level 42, 10th October, followed by Elbow, 16th October and Simple Minds, 13th November

Desperately want to see
JJ Cale, anywhere, anytime

Assorted others (in absolutely no order whatsoever)
George Thorogood, Status Quo, Genesis, Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Motorhead, Thin Lizzy, BB King & Gary Moore, The Motors, The Stranglers, The Jam, Ian Dury & the Blockheads, Man, Rush, Iron Maiden, Whitesnake, Steel Pulse, XTC, Café Jacques, Racing Cars, The Damned, AC/DC, Blue Oyster Cult, Generation X, The Specials, The Clash, Jah Wobble, Manu DiBango, Buddy Guy, Willie Nelson, John Martyn, Dr John, Walter Trout, The Adverts, John Mayall, Peter Green, Taj Mahal, Jools Holland, Ozzy Osbourne, Robin Trower, Rory Gallagher, Pat Travers, The Pirates, Souixsee and the Banshees, Mink DeVille, Sade etc…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back