What is Your Dream Speaker Rig?
Apr 1, 2006 at 9:57 AM Post #46 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alu
Avantgarde Trio Classico & Basshorns.

basshorns2.jpg

I heard duos once and I thought that they sounded even better than the B&W 800 on a high-end system, which I consider amazing speakers as well.

EDIT: Post 777!
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm with ya! Just the Duos + nice 300B amp would be all that is needed.

Apr 2, 2006 at 3:38 PM Post #48 of 133
Tossup :

1-3CH K-horns,Bruce Edgar Seismic Sub,Belle Klipsch sides and rear
2-Full 5CH Altec VOT
3-Full Edgar System with PA cab rears
4-Full Western electric Theater System

all take up HUGE amounts of real estate so I am relegated to Klipsch Heresy's,DIY/Emminence Center,DIY/JBL B360 subs in a 2x2 stack,70V line PA style %" full rangers high on walls for the surround channels due to space constraints
tongue.gif

Apr 2, 2006 at 3:46 PM Post #49 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
I don't know about full blown setup but I know what my dream speakers are.

sa_7k.jpg

The System Audio SA7K.
biggrin.gif

http://www.dynamichometheater.com/me...DHT/PROD/SA_7K

I've heard those bad boys (as I know you have) and I would have to include them as one of my choices for a dream speaker set up.

System Audio just added a new speaker to their line that is a notch below the SA7K's called the Explorer. I am hoping Oz has a pair in the next few weeks.

SAExplorer.jpg

SA speakers are a great unknown since they are rarely reviewed.

Apr 2, 2006 at 3:51 PM Post #50 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by majid
B&W 800D, with matching Bryston dual mono setup:

http://www.bwspeakers.com/index.cfm/...l/Model%20800D

I've got their predecessors, B&W800 Nautilus, bi-wire driven by a 20A Bryston B14ST, which, as I'm sure you know, is of dual monoblock design with a common power plug. I find their treble a little easier on the ears than the D series. It's something well worth aspiring to.
icon10.gif

Apr 2, 2006 at 4:39 PM Post #51 of 133
I want a set of Odyssey Audio Epiphany loudspeakers powered by one of their Khartago power amps. Not sure what I'd do for a preamp, I might go for one of their's or jury-rig my PPX3 for use as a preamp. I really do hope to get that system one day and have since I heard it a year and a half ago.

main.php

Apr 2, 2006 at 11:34 PM Post #53 of 133
is it me or is there a "trend" here towrds either Large Format or High Efficiency speakers,Kinda dispells that wimp "mini monitor" theory and blasts it to shreds as it should except for up close and personal listening
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 3, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #54 of 133
I could name some really huge or expensive speakers, but I see myself owning a pair of Martin Logan Prodigy's

Apr 3, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #55 of 133
Quote:

Martin Logan Prodigy's

not exactly compact
wink.gif

BTW-I should have tossed into the mix the original QUAD 57 which flaws and all is one of the damn finest sounding speakers I have heard.not for everything but like ES cans has a place where for certain music is unrivaled in sheer "music".

Damn,i just talked myself into searching a pair out
eek.gif

Apr 3, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #56 of 133
I have not heard enough to definitely declare what it might be though I am very curious about the Avantgarde stuff, trios and bass horns likely...with a nice pair of SET monos, Wyetechs, or Audio Note or Cary (vastly different sounds there).

I had thought that my dream would be Coincident Total Victories and Wyetech amplification but after hearing this system, which was insanely great, I think there could easily be better out there. The Electroluv stuff is definitely at the top of my list to. If I win the millions they get a call first.

Apr 3, 2006 at 12:41 AM Post #57 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
is it me or is there a "trend" here towrds either Large Format or High Efficiency speakers,Kinda dispells that wimp "mini monitor" theory and blasts it to shreds as it should except for up close and personal listening
very_evil_smiley.gif

Who's callin' my B&W800s (@275#/each) big? We just call 'em "burglar proof".
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 3, 2006 at 12:55 AM Post #58 of 133
Quote:

Who's callin' my B&W800s (@275#/each) big? We just call 'em "burglar proof"

just don't go for the "caster feet option".

we call that a burgular "aid" around thse parts
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 3, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #59 of 133
honestly, my wharfedales do right by me, and have no feeling in my bones for anything better. my wallet and my gut actually agree for once!

Apr 3, 2006 at 1:30 AM Post #60 of 133
one that is as old as dirt yet nothing but glowing reports is this puppy

http://www.audioanthology.com/building.htm

I have admired these for years.I Love the look,love the idea and would love to actually listen to a properly set up pair just so I can say I did and make up my own mind.Fitting them into any rooms at my disposal is out so purely for satsfying my curiosity.Maybe driven by a PP 2A3 ?

roxi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back