What is Your Dream Speaker Rig?
Jan 22, 2006 at 6:47 PM Post #16 of 133
I am enjoying my speaker rig at the moment. However, if I had the money I would consider this set up:

analysis_audio.jpg

Jan 22, 2006 at 7:07 PM Post #18 of 133
No question:

mbl101e_L.jpg

Oh...and the house to build the listening room around them
biggrin.gif
!

Jan 22, 2006 at 10:19 PM Post #24 of 133
i want 5x (for surround sound) of these:
g1036a.jpg

from the Genelec web page: "The Genelec 1036A is an extremely powerful monitor system, designed for large control rooms. It consists of a 430 net liter speaker enclosure and a 19" electronics rack, which contains active crossovers, three channel power amplifiers and sophisticated protection and diagnostic circuitry. The 1036A is designed for flush mounting in the control room wall, although it may be used free standing and can produce peak sound pressure levels in excess of 136 dB."

great stuff.
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #25 of 133
I really want to audition the Linkwitz Orions but I don't think that's possible.

Jan 23, 2006 at 1:07 AM Post #26 of 133
It depends on many factors. It I could build a dedicated room of ideal size, with an unlimited budget I would go for this system.

Amplifiers Krell Evolution One (five for multi-channel)
Pre-amplifiers Krell Evolution Two (Three of them daisy chained to handle the 6 channels of a 5.1 system)
EMM Labs DAC6e 6 channel D/A
EMM Labs CDSD CD/SACD Transport
Krell LAT-1000 Speakers (five for multi-channel audio)(If they are better that the LAT-1’s)
Krell MRS (Master Reference Subwoofer) x 2
Cabling would be all Siltech Signature

This system would do it all. Even add a DVD player and a great projector and it would also be the best Home Theater system.

This is if I hit the 200 million Powerball jackpot. With the room, equipment, cables, and everything else to do such a multi-channel music/theater system I’d budget around $3,000,000 that’s not counting the house that I’d put the system in.

Now all I have to do is actually start playing the lottery.

Jan 23, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #27 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
Which 'plastic monstrosities' are you guys referring to??
confused.gif

I think he means the bass traps.

I'm gonna go with some VPMS Supertower 3's. Or the B&W 800D's. maybe a RBH T3 setup......

Jan 23, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #29 of 133
...they would be, but I think they would be big and electrostatic. Probably, they would be Martin-Logans (I've toured the factory). Until then, I am very happy with my small, powered Protons. They sound great and make me immune to the desire to upgrade the power amp, because I can't...

Laz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back