What is your Computer Case
Aug 25, 2010 at 1:36 AM Post #46 of 94

Quote:

Corsair Obsidian 800D is the beauty. The quality stuff. Little too freakin hugh for my taste though.

Megahalems w/ noctua fan, EVGA board, EVGA GTX260(?), all those nice stuffs, and they looks like M-ATX setup inside that case. :)

Good eye! Videocard was a GTX285. That's since been replaced by two GTX 460's in SLI. The case does make it all look small. A lot of people are using all that extra space to do crazy stuff with watercooling, but I don't think I'll ever go that far. I'll just enjoy all that extra space and how much easier it makes the case to work in.

It really is giant though. Before it I had a Silverstone TJ09, a CoolerMaster Stacker RC-830, and then a Silverstone Raven RV02. The Stacker was first, and I originally ditched it because I decided I didn't want a case with door on the front. I know you can take it off, but it's ugly with it off. So I bought the TJ09. It was a pretty case, but I had to clean the fan filter for the main intake like weekly it sucked so much dust. Tried buying a slower but more efficient fan and changing the airflow in the case to positive pressure and try and help the dust problem, but it always just drew it in like a vacuum cleaner. So from there I went to the RV02. It was a nifty case and the way the interior was laid out was pretty awesome from an airflow standpoint, but the looks really started to bother me pretty quickly and the case felt cramped to work in.

The 800D has, so far, been pretty much the perfect case. I used to be a stickler for removable motherboard trays but there's just so much room in this thing not having one has never been an issue. That space does come at a cost though. It's definitely huge. So much so it no longer fits underneath my desk, and it's too wide to fit between the desk and the wall in my computer room, so right now it's sitting up on the desk, turned sideways behind my monitors.

Aug 25, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #47 of 94
I've got a silverstone rv01 and love it, spacious and looks great, at least to me.

Just above the dvd drive panel is a blue LED. The only issue I have is the size. I didn't check the dimensions online and got a shock at how big it was when it arrived, although just makes it look that bit more impressive. Other than that, it's great

Aug 25, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #48 of 94
CoolerMaster Stacker 830. Currently two blue LED fans at the front. At one point I had 10 green LED fans in it 
biggrin.gif
 Have since installed a side window so I prefer a cleaner look without all the extra lighting. 

Mar 24, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #51 of 94

Mar 25, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #53 of 94
Lian-Li PC-7FN, had it since last August, was a major upgrade from my previous case (which was horrid) couple of comparison pictures (Old case on right, New case on left) :-

Mar 25, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #54 of 94
I used a Smilodon for a while then stepped up to this:

I never realized how bad the Smilodon was......I'll never go back to mid-towers.

The Cooler Master HAF932 is a pleasure to work with and the price is almost too good to be true.

Apr 5, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #56 of 94
I use none, only resting the mobo on the cardboardbox. :p I'm an overclocker though and been a comp hardware enthusiast for longer than I've been a headphone enthusiast.

Apr 5, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #57 of 94
I have the FT02:

http://images.hardwarecanucks.com/image/lemonlime/cases/silverstone_ft02/ft02_inst1.jpg

I would highly recommend it.  It is fairly expensive but the cooling performance is great.  You should do some reading on it but the main reason it is so awesome is that the motherboard is rotated 90 degrees.  This way the heat naturally rises which supposedly helps cool the case.  Might just be a gimmick but it looks cool and it gets great temperatures.  The whole bottom of the case consists of 3 giant fans which move tons of air while still staying pretty quiet.  Be warned that the case is huge (very long but not tall) and heavy.  However if you are thinking of the 800d you probably don't mind a beast of a case.  The only thing I wasn't blown away by is the FT02's cable management.  Ironically I have considered the 800D because I hear very good things about the cable management.  I wouldn't recommend the Antec 900 as its a very generic gamer case, you definitely won't stand out from the crowd.  Also, I know several people that had the v1 and it is super loud since there is an enormous fan right at the top of the case.  Hope this helps, feel free to ask any questions.

Apr 5, 2011 at 5:20 AM Post #58 of 94

Quote:
I've had an Antec P180 for the last few years.  It's designed with quiet operation as a priority and it serves that end quite well.   Today I would recommend one of it's successors like the P182.

IMG_4030.jpg

Dedicated thread at SPCR: http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=59648

agree, the front door cover blocks out fan noise, and disc spinning...

Apr 5, 2011 at 7:43 AM Post #59 of 94
I too have been using an Antec P180 for a few years now. It is roomy and quiet and it is plain which I like. If you are a teenager you most likely want a case that looks like Darth Vader lives inside it. As an adult I want one that looks like a plain black box, filters the air going in, and stops the sound coming out. Antec, mmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back