What is your Computer Case
Jul 20, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #78 of 94
Quote:

One of the best cases for cooling (add fans to it too) 

The best case for cooling is no case at all (unless a graphics cardboardbox counts) 
wink.gif

Longtime overclocking PC enthusiast ^^

Jul 20, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #80 of 94
CM Storm Trooper seem to be quite popular, so I picked one up.  It is HUGE.  Makes my 7970 look small.  It's impressively well designed too - much easier to use than my old Antec 900 v2.  Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a gaming case.

Jul 21, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #81 of 94
Quote:
CM Storm Trooper seem to be quite popular, so I picked one up.  It is HUGE.  Makes my 7970 look small.  It's impressively well designed too - much easier to use than my old Antec 900 v2.  Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a gaming case.

Bro where did you get that window from , its custom right ?

Jul 21, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #82 of 94
Negative.  The original CM Storm Trooper looked like this:

Then they released the CM Storm Stryker.  It's the same thing except in white and with a window panel on the left side.

And then they released the CM Storm Trooper with window version.  Which is the one pictured and the one I have.

If you're after a window panel, I think you can get them online from the official store, or you can try your luck on eBay.  In Australia the regular CM Storm Trooper is about $172 while the window version is $184.  I think the Stryker is $197.  I don't know why the Stryker is so much more expensive than the Trooper with window, I believe it's exactly the same except for the colour.

Jul 21, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #83 of 94
Fractal Design R4 :
10 Drive bays which is very important to me
2 X 5.25" - a blu ray drive plus a card reader
fits my GTX670 and all fans installed so i'm good
also yea affordable compared to other cases

Jul 21, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #84 of 94

How convenient, that's my case right there: the Aplus/ABS Tagan Black Pearl! (Now I don't have to upload a pic myself.)

All the Internet e-tailers were having clearance sales on these years ago, like $90 on Newegg, $100 at ChiefValue, etc. Managed to get in on that while it lasted, thankfully; full-tower Lian-Li quality rarely sells at that price! Really, it's almost a PC-V2000.

The only thing is that I'll have to extensively mod that bottom compartment to fit a 4x120mm radiator (mainly removing the rivets for the drive cages and PSU rest), along with the side panels so that it can breathe down there TJ07-style.  Maybe even the bottom plate too, to flip the PSU mounting 180 degrees. Other than that, it's a sleek case that's begging for some modification to make it truly unique...if I could bring myself to take a saw to it at all.

This modded system and this one should give you an idea of what I'm going for with the radiator setup.

Jul 21, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #85 of 94
Quote:
Negative.  The original CM Storm Trooper looked like this:

Then they released the CM Storm Stryker.  It's the same thing except in white and with a window panel on the left side.

And then they released the CM Storm Trooper with window version.  Which is the one pictured and the one I have.

If you're after a window panel, I think you can get them online from the official store, or you can try your luck on eBay.  In Australia the regular CM Storm Trooper is about $172 while the window version is $184.  I think the Stryker is $197.  I don't know why the Stryker is so much more expensive than the Trooper with window, I believe it's exactly the same except for the colour.

Its the same.
The trooper has a E-Sata for front I/O (Its powered)
But that does not justify the price difference , it should be the opposite actually :p
I think they add that for the labor cost - painting plastic and steel white with precision is time consuming many coats are done , that could be  a reason :)

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #87 of 94

Corsair 600T(white), I can only suggest it if you really like the looks/features, and probably if you plan to upgrade the cooling by moving the HDD cage forward and removing the extra one to install a 25x200mm fan(edit: found out that bitfenix fans fit behind the cage you just have to remove it to get it in first)...and possibly change out the rear and top exhaust(top exhaust won't fit a 25x200mm fyi).  It's a good case, it just doesn't stand far above others or anything for air cooling.  And while it's loads more quiet than my 7 year old Thermaltake Armor with 2 Yate Loon 88cfm 120mm fans in it, it's still somewhat loud.  For me it was still a much needed upgrade feature wise, though I don't think it improved cooling.  Now I just need to get rid of my 7 year old(non modular
eek.gif
) PSU, probably throw in a bitfenix spectre pro 200mm fan...and maybe a full acrylic side panel.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back