What is your Computer Case
Aug 21, 2010 at 11:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 94

cifani090

Headphoneus Supremus
What kind of computer case do you have. I want to buy the Corsair Obsidian 800D but i want fans, and my brother 18 (older than me) is telling me to stop wasting my money and buy the Antec 900 v2. So my question is, what kind of case do you have?

Aug 21, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #2 of 94
I have an Antec Sonata mid-tower case.  I replaced the power supply for a more stable power supply.  Doing it over again, I'd buy a case with no power supply and then add a power supply unit of my choosing.  I switched off the onboard sound card and installed an ASUS Essence Xonar STX.

Places like TigerDirect, Buy.com and Newegg.com are excellent places to buy your computer related gear from.

Hope the above helps and good listening.

Aug 21, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #3 of 94
Still using a Cooler Master Wave Master TAC-T01 that I picked up about seven years ago:

Solid aluminum and the nicest case I've come across; I plan to use it forever.  I don't know if they're still available.

Aug 21, 2010 at 1:54 PM Post #4 of 94
I am using a cheapie Cooler Master Elite 341, but it's only because I got all of my parts right before moving back to Japan.  While the parts in a computer can change, a good case can last a long time.  The 800D is a wonderful case (although a bit pricey), but if you want to have near perfect cable management and space for every possible upgrade in the future (water cooling with a dual radiator maybe?), it more than meets your needs is a great way to go.  The 900 version 2 is also a nice case, but not on the same level as the Corsair.  Gotta ask, what components are going into this thing? 

Aug 21, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #5 of 94
An aluminum one that cable bundled with internal components, making up the MacBook Pro.
bigsmile_face.gif

53619163.jpg

Aug 21, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #9 of 94

Quote:
One each Silver and Black....both are running Dual Core Atoms with Solid State Hard Drives.  No fans or other moving parts.

Very nice, wher did you get them???

Aug 21, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #11 of 94
Now using old full tower ThermalTake Xaser, tons of room and it is aluminum (big heat sink)

I would like an open rack cuz i am always changing stuff out, but they are so expensive

Have had a couple Antec 900's & built with many types.  Need case with lots of fans, but big point make sure the depth (front to back with disk drive cage) is long enough for video card.  Old mid-towers barely fit a couple years ago & may not fit now.  I would go with a full tower size with fans in front, back & top(if possible), but pick my own style.  The fans at sides do not help much, especially if you put on an after market cooler on your cpu with heat pipes, the fans might not even fit.

Aug 21, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #12 of 94
I'm using the NZXT Beta.

Aug 21, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #13 of 94
Currently using an Antec Solo, Antec P182 & Chenbro Genie.  Also have an Antec 900 & Lian Li PC-60 empty for now.

I found the 900 a little annoying, because it uses a huge assortment of different screws, etc.  The P182 is much easier to work with, while offering plenty of room & more than enough airflow for most reasonable builds.  I can definitely recommend the P180 series for general use.  OTOH, the best case for you will depend on what you plan to put inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back