What is your Computer Case
Aug 21, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #16 of 94
Lian Li X1000. My case sits under my desk on the floor, and I wanted a very tall case with the power button on the top so I wouldn't have to reach down to turn it on. The OEM 140mm fans are surprisingly decent, not like the junk that Silverstone uses. No need to replace them all with Noctuas which is nice. They are individually controlled with a Scythe fan controller, and all of the panels are lined with Acoustipack. The X1000 design also puts two intake fans directly on the CPU and video card, rather than having to go through the hard drive bays first as in a typical tower case. More direct airflow means I can turn them down more. From a foot or so away, the case is basically inaudible.

I've used a lot of cases over the years, and I always end up going back to Lian. They're the best.

Aug 21, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #20 of 94
I wanted a Windy case, but didn't want to spent $700, so I got a Zalman instead. I don't like the LEDs, but love the construction quality.

Aug 22, 2010 at 6:27 AM Post #21 of 94

Antec 300.

2x 120mm fans in front, 1x 120mm fan in the back, and 1x 140mm in the top.  Two in the front run around 1200RPM, not sure about the ones in the back and top as they connect using the molex connectors but I have them on the middle of three settings.

Aug 23, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #26 of 94
Antec BQE (big quiet enclosure) I have had it 10 years and it has housed 4 systems.
Full acoustic treatment and all Noctua fans, this thing is whisper quiet.

Aug 23, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #27 of 94
All things relative. The Antecs cost nearly twice the $$ when compared to the Cooler Master I'm using, and costs about the same as the CPU I'm have inside, so for my budget, I consider it quite pricey.

Maybe Antecs are cheaper over in the States? Or maybe I just haven't managed to find decently priced Antecs over here :frowning2: The local distributor for Cooler Master is quite aggressive and they are both easy to find and decently priced.

Quote:
what?  antec cases are cheap to average in pricing

Aug 23, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #28 of 94
Ah. I did not notice your location - my apologies.  Antec cases are very affordable here in the US.  I don't know why you want one so much though...they aren't all that great :/

Aug 23, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #29 of 94
Here in Japan, I can get an Antec case cheaper than a comparable Cooler Master.  Even my case that cost me $40 USD costs an equivalent of about $80 here.  If I was building a standard ATX mid tower, I think my first choice of case would be a NZXT Tempest EVO (which isn't sold here unfortunately), followed by the slightly larger Cooler Master Storm Sniper (which costs about 2 1/2 times as much as in the States).  There are better quality cases out there (like Corsair's few offerings and a wide selection of Lian Li), but my case serves its purpose for now.  A new headphone amp or another pair of cans will come before I switch out any of the components in my computer I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back