What is your Computer Case
Aug 23, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #31 of 94
I've had an Antec P180 for the last few years.  It's designed with quiet operation as a priority and it serves that end quite well.   Today I would recommend one of it's successors like the P182.

IMG_4030.jpg

Dedicated thread at SPCR: http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=59648

Aug 23, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #32 of 94

Quote:
I've had an Antec P180 for the last few years.  It's designed with quiet operation as a priority and it serves that end quite well.   Today I would recommend one of it's successors like the P182.

Dedicated thread at SPCR: http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=59648

If anybody in the DFW area is in the market for a P182, I've got one available :)

Aug 23, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #34 of 94
Stacker830 SE
Intel Core i7 980x
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
Enermax Revolution 1050w psu
6gb DDR3
Nvidia GTX 480
X-Fi (May be going soon)

Aug 24, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #35 of 94

Quote:
Ah. I did not notice your location - my apologies.  Antec cases are very affordable here in the US.  I don't know why you want one so much though...they aren't all that great :/

Quote:
Here in Japan, I can get an Antec case cheaper than a comparable Cooler Master.  Even my case that cost me $40 USD costs an equivalent of about $80 here.  If I was building a standard ATX mid tower, I think my first choice of case would be a NZXT Tempest EVO (which isn't sold here unfortunately), followed by the slightly larger Cooler Master Storm Sniper (which costs about 2 1/2 times as much as in the States).  There are better quality cases out there (like Corsair's few offerings and a wide selection of Lian Li), but my case serves its purpose for now.  A new headphone amp or another pair of cans will come before I switch out any of the components in my computer I think.

I suppose the pricing depends alot of the distributor. Availability of Antecs not as high as Cooler Masters and pricing is higher. NZXT are even pricier of course. The market is flooded with cheaper Taiwanese and local cases - most look quite ghastly, and the design is often dubious.

I actually have few complaints regarding my Cooler Master Centurion 5 ... there are quite OK at the price point.

Aug 24, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #38 of 94
Lian-Li Lancool Pc-K62

Old pic from putting it together last year.

Things have changed since: 

Aug 24, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #39 of 94
Fractal Design Define R2.  Clean design, quiet, cool (just replace the stock fans - they are dead silent but don't push enough air).

Inside (I've since replaced the case fans):

Aug 24, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #41 of 94

Quote:
I bought the Corsair 800D for my latest build.

800dgallery1.jpg

And the old build in it. I've since changed PSU's, and Videocards.

800D.jpg

That case is beautiful! I've got a P182, the only complaints I have are with some of the cheap plastics used, the PITA cable management, and the fact that unlike the new P183, it doesn't support the new Antec CP series of power supplies.

Aug 24, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #42 of 94

Quote:
Yep, that's the one I use.  It's a nice case, but I don't like the wire management as much as some of the Lian Li cases.

I originally looking for Lian Li K-62, but I had to change my order at the last moment to this cooler master.

The reason? I have quite lot of HDDs and Lian Li can't house them all.

Cable management on this cooler master case should'nt be too difficult.

You did notice those little hooks all arrounds the back of mainboard pannel, right?
After you connect everything, tie those cables, zip tie them at those hooks, lift and position them the way you like and tighten them up.
That will hold those cables hidden beneath the mainboard nice and tight.

Aug 24, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #43 of 94

Quote:
I bought the Corsair 800D for my latest build.

And the old build in it. I've since changed PSU's, and Videocards.

800D.jpg

Corsair Obsidian 800D is the beauty. The quality stuff. Little too freakin hugh for my taste though.

Megahalems w/ noctua fan, EVGA board, EVGA GTX260(?), all those nice stuffs, and they looks like M-ATX setup inside that case. :)

Aug 24, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #44 of 94
Yep, noticed the built-in cable management, simply didn't like the fat wires I had to run to the Intel CPU (4-pin) at the top left, mother power (top right), case connections (going from top panel down to bottom right on my mobo) and the DVD cables (power and data) from top right to bottom right on mobo.  Just couldn't make it as pretty or easily managed as some other cases I've used.  PSU at the bottom of the chassis works with some setups, not all.

Aug 24, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #45 of 94

Quote:
Yep, noticed the built-in cable management, simply didn't like the fat wires I had to run to the Intel CPU (4-pin) at the top left, mother power (top right), case connections (going from top panel down to bottom right on my mobo) and the DVD cables (power and data) from top right to bottom right on mobo.  Just couldn't make it as pretty or easily managed as some other cases I've used.  PSU at the bottom of the chassis works with some setups, not all.

I am waiting for other parts to come, will start assemble this weekend.
I am finally ditching my 8 year old system, so wish me luck. :)

I noticed all those cables from the top pannel too, so gotta think about how to hide them. Mine could be a huge mess too since I got PATA HDDs in the mix. Gonna get some velcros, and will see what I can do with it. At least I hope this would look better than inside of my current centurion 5 case, which is absolutely clamped like hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back