What is the most comfortable headphone under 250$ ?
Aug 16, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #17 of 46

Quote:
Easily sounds better?  Very few headphones discussed here in the same price range are actually better.  It depends on your priorities.  I mean the 940 certainly isn't better if you want a big soundstage right?  Or slamminn bass?

Clearly just my opinion.

We don't all want artificially huge sounding sound stage and slamming bass is in the SRH940, subwhoofer mid-recessing bass is not though.

Very best,

Aug 16, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #18 of 46
I like the fit of my Senn HD 598. The Alessandro MS1i can start to hurt after an hour or two.

Now, for the most comfortable headphones I own:

Bose AE2 (sorry Bose bashers). They're even more comfortable than the QC 15's as they are lighter, and the sound is less boomy. You can find them for $149.

I mostly use them to hear music while studying for the CPA exam (sometimes hearing lectures, sometimes hearing music while solving problems).

The Senn HD 598 are very comfortable too, but they are heavier.

Aug 17, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #22 of 46

Quote:
Clearly just my opinion.

We don't all want artificially huge sounding sound stage and slamming bass is in the SRH940, subwhoofer mid-recessing bass is not though.

Very best,

You should probably avoid saying things like "this is easily better" then. Say why you like it more, not why you're so convinced that it's so much better. You'd mislead readers otherwise, and people would think you're talking about different tier headphones when they're actually in the same tier but have different appeal.

Aug 17, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #23 of 46

Quote:
You should probably avoid saying things like "this is easily better" then. Say why you like it more, not why you're so convinced that it's so much better. You'd mislead readers otherwise, and people would think you're talking about different tier headphones when they're actually in the same tier but have different appeal.

Heya,

Click the review in my sig if you want more information on the SRH940. I have all these headphones, so I'm not just repeating copy pasta internet stuff.

Very best,

Aug 17, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #24 of 46

Quote:
Heya,

Click the review in my sig if you want more information on the SRH940. I have all these headphones, so I'm not just repeating copy pasta internet stuff.

Very best,

Sorry, Mal. I wasn't trying to say you were copying and pasting. I didn't doubt that you never had these headphones. I'm just saying your particular word choice there was a little misleading. At least for me. When you said it was easily better, I thought (and I think a lot of other people would've as well) you were saying the SRH940 are in a totally different league, not that they were just headphones that fit your preferences more. It's pretty strong wording, you know? Didn't mean to attack you. Sorry if it came across that way.

Aug 17, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #25 of 46
ATH-A700 and Shure 940 will sound better than underpowered Beyers, this shouldn't be a comfort poll but a discussion on whether the Asus Xonar DS can power the aforementioned headphones. Stick a good amp behind them and both the A700 and 940s will be left in the proverbial dust left behind from the DT880s.

Aug 17, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #26 of 46

Quote:
ATH-A700 and Shure 940 will sound better than underpowered Beyers, this shouldn't be a comfort poll but a discussion on whether the Asus Xonar DS can power the aforementioned headphones. Stick a good amp behind them and both the A700 and 940s will be left in the proverbial dust left behind from the DT880s.

What are you talking about ? Comfort is very important to me. And of course Asus Xonar DS can power a 32 Ohms version.

Aug 17, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #28 of 46
DT880 is not THAT comfortable. Has a ring inside the cup.
DT990 is much better than the DT880. One of the best.
D2000 has very soft earpads, but headband is under-padded.
A700 cannot hold a candle to the AD700. Crummy earpads.
8400 is one of the best. Incredibly soft and roomy, yet small.
SRH940 was not very good . Very shallow earcups, painful headband.
HD598 is the winner. Only one that I've gone over 2 hours with.
(The rest I've tried obviously don't apply to you, so I'll shut up)

Aug 17, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #30 of 46
Here is my 2 cents, based either on personal experience with a product I've owned or on extended auditioning.

Beyerdynamic DT990 - Extremely comfortable, most comfortable can I've ever owned/auditioned. My big ears rest comfortably within their massive chambers without touching anything.
Sennheiser HD598 - I think they could be very comfortable for some people but for me, the ear-shaped cushions dont fit my ears too well and this produces discomfort after about 30 minutes
Shure SRH940 - Same problem as with the Sennheiser but even more painful since the earcups are slightly smaller. For me, these are a supra-aural can.
Audio Technica ATH-AD900 - I just couldn't get used to their design, with how they 'float' on my head instead of clamping like most traditional headphones. I think if you can get used to this unorthodox fit, they should be very comfortable since they are light and don't put any pressure on the ears.
Grado SR225i - I liked the sound but found the comfort to be the most appaling amongst any headphone I tried. Ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back