What is the longest, non-stop, headphone listening experience you have had??
Jan 18, 2007 at 5:44 PM Post #16 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've done two marathon can listens in my life - and neither involved music LOL.

Lost Weekend #1 - Initial D 2nd, 3rd, Extra stage.
initial_d_first_stage.jpg

That took, what, 15+ hours? I actually ebayed them from some HK place just to not have to wait for bittorrent after discovering Initial D first stage. Don't worry folks, back then it wasn't licensed in the USA! Oh, and the music was cheesy techno lol.

Lost Weekend #2 - BECK.
becktv_BECK_anime104_2393.jpg

The whole darn thing. 13+ hours. Damn that was a good one. Hmm, I guess this involved music too since it was about an up and coming band. Actually enjoyed the music, and they referenced Joy Division and New Order in there, cool.

Which headphones we're you using Jahn on that 15 hour marathon?

Jan 18, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #17 of 52
being a college student, AND an avid gamer, 12hr+ sessions have happened many times. The best cans for that were my old DT990 Pro. I've still never felt a more comfortable headphone, they cannot be beat.

Jan 18, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #20 of 52
I ALWAYS have my headphones on. I even play music when I sleep. Music is me.
icon10.gif
But if my headphones are not glued on my head, i'm playing music in my head I think the longeest would easily be 8 hours or more.

Jan 18, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #21 of 52
One night last semester I decided not to sleep and just stay on my computer all night (Don't ask why, I don't know.) and I thought, "Hey, my headphones will suit this nicely. At that point, I had only my eH150's to rely on, so I began my listening experience at approximately 8 o'clock that evening. About 12 I stopped for about five minutes for some snacks and a bathroom break, then it was straight back to work. I ended up, with maybe two drink breaks and a snack break, forging through to 8:30 am, then I had to get ready for class. It was one heck of a night.

Jan 18, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #22 of 52
Easily over 12 hours. In grad school, I would often have all day study sessions on the weekends (12-14 hours). A lot of the work was rereading materials and transcribing notes. When doing this, I would listen to my headphones all day (very, very low volume). For close reading -- that is, reading something for the first time -- I need absolute silence. But going back over the materials or taking notes from it, I actually need some background noise or I start to space out. Also at my present job, which doesn't require that much concentration, I usually listen to my headphones all day as well (8-10 hours with breaks).

So I use my headphones a lot!!!
580smile.gif

Jan 18, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #23 of 52
Fourteen hours for a "re-discover my CDs collection" right after I got my MS2i.

...yeah; with bowls.

There were a couple of bathroom breaks, but I had the kids bring me my coffee!!

...which led to a couple more bathroom breaks.

Finally the kids just got tired and brought me a fresh pot.

....no; it wasn't bad, really.

...no; the coffee.

blink.gif

Jan 18, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #25 of 52
Noticing the general consensus of those who work/study alot uses headphones alot more and on a much more regular basis. Although 17 hours on Netminder's part is epic O.o

Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fourteen hours for a "re-discover my CDs collection" right after I got my MS2i.

...yeah; with bowls.

There were a couple of bathroom breaks, but I had the kids bring me my coffee!!

...which led to a couple more bathroom breaks.

Finally the kids just got tired and brought me a fresh pot.

....no; it wasn't bad, really.

...no; the coffee.

blink.gif

wow...loving kids. They didn't just tell you to take your cd-player and yourself with the coffee straight to the can and take it over for the next however long?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netminder
Want to Buy: V-Moda Vibes
PM me if you want to sell yours!

you wish someone would :wink:

Jan 18, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #26 of 52
i'd say the most would be about 3 hrs; just commuting in and around downtown. i can't imagine listening via headphones for >12 hrs...

Jan 18, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #27 of 52
8 or so hours.... playing world of warcraft... the devil on earth.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 18, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #28 of 52
About like me...I get most of my listening time in while playing WoW (although not to the game).

I don't know what my max is, but with the DT880s, I've never felt pain wearing the headphones. A lot of times i'll take off my headphones for a bit to let the air get to the inside of my ears. Closed headphones, most of the time, make the inside of my ear sweat a lot.

Jan 18, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #29 of 52
not to be a buzz kill or anything, but how do you guys listen to headphones for 12+ hours at a time. My ears start ringing after 2 hours even at low volumes with my sennhesier hd580s or beyerdynamic dt880s!!! is there a seceret prolonging method that I don't know about?

Jan 18, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #30 of 52
About 4 hours when I was cramming for my accounting final last semester, with the velour pads on the V6s my ears were more than up for the task
smily_headphones1.gif
I can't imagine listening to headphones for >6 hours at once
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back