What is the Best Amp for Classical with AKG K701
Aug 7, 2010 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

KeVan

New Head-Fier
Ok, I decided to change the thread since I already found out my problem with the static, which is the equalizer.

So, I am wondering, which amp would be best for the K701 for classical and other instrumental songs? Heed Canamp? LittleDot MKIII? My budget is around... $250 or so. And i'll most likely buy used. And once again, as a student, more savings equal a happier camper, lol.

Thanks!
If you can provide some links to where it's being sold, much appreciated! Living in Canada, I don't think any retail stores have 'decent' amps.

Oh and how do I tell if my headphones are too loud or not. Because with the K701 I always tend to turn it up and being open headphones, the sound tends to leak, and I used to think "if people can hear it, it's too loud" but that obviously doesn't apply here.

Aug 7, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #2 of 4
why don't you just leave the equalizers off???

Aug 7, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #3 of 4
Equalizers tend to be evil. Beware!

Aug 7, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #4 of 4
Yes leave them off, I don't use them at all on anything. Your headphone is the equalizer!

For the amp, find a used X-CanV3 or X-CanV8P. The V8P will be smoother and more mellow sounding, so classical should sound really good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back