What is going on over at Ultimate Ears???
Jun 25, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #31 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tarah is Tarah Draper, Customer Services. A very real, & very nice person!

The problem with this is that we have the school of thought voiced earlier in this thread that says it depends who deals with your problem, but in all my research regarding warranty service from UE, it's always her name that comes up. It was "Tarah" that took four complete business days just to ask me the same information twice before finally issuing an RMA number for me. This means that either Tarah is just their public face for whoever is dealing with problems, or she is not at all consistent in regards to service and/or too overworked to provide consistent service.

I'm an inherent skeptic. If you see widely varying reports of the quality of CS from UE but always the same name attached to it, you assume that it's at the least possible that Tarah at UE is about as real as Tom at myspace.com.

Jun 25, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #32 of 215
Realistically, it was 4 days. Obviously they are small enough that they have 1 primary customer service person. Relax, or buy shures.

Jun 25, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #33 of 215
There was a recent thread from a HeadFier (I think Glendaleviper**?) of his visit to UE. He personally met Ms Draper, so I don't think she's a corporate hologram
wink.gif

The other UE person whose name comes up regularly is Jeanette Coffey, Service Manager.

Who's Tom?
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT\ **It was mrdeadfolx. Apolgies.

Jun 25, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #34 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Realistically, it was 4 days. Obviously they are small enough that they have 1 primary customer service person. Relax, or buy shures.

You know, you can be relaxed and still not accept things that shouldn't be accepted. You notify a company that $250 headphones need returned because the housing cracked apart on a Monday, you ought to have an RMA# before their lunch on Tuesday. There is no choice "B" here for what's an acceptable turn around time just to issue the RMA.

As another tired example for those of you who apparently would be happy with any response time, I've had four headphones returned other than these because of failures during the warranty. Three out of four times all communication was taken care of and RMA granted in less than one day, the fourth took one business day. Some of these returns were at the smallest of the small (head-direct), others were among the biggest of the big (Sennheiser).

Besides, the repeated mantra of "small" is tiring - the whole argument for small is that you get personal service, not that you get shuffled around by a CS rep who can't remember on Thursday that you already answered all her questions on Tuesday but she failed to follow up on that and so starts the process all over again.

The point of my posts isn't that I'm angry, pent up, or anything of the sort, I just don't believe in reviewing anything except with complete honesty. UE made a terrible first impression for their customer service with me. If I'm unlucky enough to have further problems, maybe I'll get a chance to post about my great experience dealing with them, but this time, I'm not pleased, 'nuff said.

Jun 25, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #35 of 215
Quote:

As another tired example for those of you who apparently would be happy with any response time, I've had four headphones returned other than these because of failures during the warranty. Three out of four times all communication was taken care of and RMA granted in less than one day, the fourth took one business day. Some of these returns were at the smallest of the small (head-direct), others were among the biggest of the big (Sennheiser).

Maybe you're just a problem customer?

Jun 25, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #36 of 215
Quote:

Maybe you're just a problem customer?

Right, because I'm being so unreasonable in that I expect my headphones not to break apart while putting them under the tremendous strain of inserting them into my, evidently, herculean and acid filled ears after a few months. Further, I'm such a PIA that I sent them a grand total of three requests for an RMA over a 36 hour period since everybody in other threads bragged about how they got response times of minutes to a few hours and I figured something might have gone wrong since they can't even figure out how to configure an autoresponder for customer service so I knew the request had actually been received (and was just being ignored).

I am not a problem customer, I am a perfectly normal customer who had an unacceptable response time by any definition for my situation. I posted about it, seemed uncontroversial enough, but then I discovered this rare breed of board denizen: those who can't help but weigh in on a situation they have no interest in, no knowledge of, nor any ability to discern constructive criticism from bipolar ramblings. If you can't understand that, don't bother responding again, you're not adding anything to this thread except demonstrating that the world is filled with people who will, quite literally, accept anything, which I find quite ironic on a site like this. It's filled with people who will jump up and down to figure out how to gain that last 0.01% of performance out of a rig for a pricetag that could buy them a flatscreen television and new computer, but apparently also don't care if some component of that rig breaks under warranty because, hey, these manufacturers are too busy making the next product to blow our money on to provide better quality products or service, and they're much, much too precious for anybody to suggest that maybe they ought to do a better job. There's a logical gap there wide enough to drive a few humvees through...

Jun 25, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #39 of 215
hmm so my cable is coming off the plastic emblem on my TF10, and it is only 27 days old.... I sent them an email 3 days ago, even left them a voice mail but haven't heard from them...any suggestions what I should do ???

Jun 25, 2008 at 1:58 PM Post #40 of 215
I have to say, it did take a few days & three emails to get a response (Jeanette acted on it almost immediately when I emailed her). I don't think the website service email address is that useful...others' mileage does seem to vary tho.

What do you mean by 'cable coming off the plastic emblem' Western?

Jun 25, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #41 of 215
Quote:

You have a point if UE didn't make it clear they will resolve the problem within a week. The implication here is they will without delay take care of shoddy build quality problems. Had I known this would be such a major hassle, your right, I would of bought shures or Freq's. I don't think anyone here is looking for anything unreasonable, more than a day or two to get a RMA is really inexcusable, especially when they claim they are able to repair the IEMs within a week. The also irritating part is repeatedly being asked the same questions, once the site, again in an email, and then yet AGAIN to include it with the actual return. These type of basic errors give a very unprofessional feel to a company that projects itself as being just that.

My intent with this thread was not to bash UE, I think they make great products, especially when they work. I wanted to see if I was an exception to the rule by getting poor CS, or if someone else was having my experience and clearly others are. As you said yourself relax or buy Shures, and perhaps with this additional information people can make a better buying decision on which to go for instead of just company propaganda.

Jun 25, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #43 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael415 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As you said yourself relax or buy Shures, and perhaps with this additional information people can make a better buying decision on which to go for instead of just company propaganda.

Oh no way...call me a fanboy if you will....but I'd take UE & Triple Fi any day, even w/ an irregular CS, over Shure. Shure may have great CS, but their phones? Just not for me. At Triple Fi level, it's the SE530, which I wouldn't want even if they included a spare pair (just in case) and had a Shure rep come over for coffee. And they bring the coffee.

....& this is starting to sound like a dissing agenda w/ UE as the evil empire, almost, which is not at all channum's point I think - 'company propaganda'? Sheesh.

You'd think we were talking about the sad state that Xin's affairs are in, rather than two incidences of slow or seemingly picky response. I do however think channum and you have a point & right to be a little peeved, esp w/ the repetition of information, unless there's prior history here we know nothing of.

Jun 25, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #44 of 215
channum, your posts are always a joy to read. keep em comin'. they're keepin me up at 1am
wink.gif

Jun 25, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #45 of 215
I just emailed UE (again) & sent it to all the email addresses I could find on the UE website. I linked them to this thread & had a little grumble too.

Maybe it will get me somewhere....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back