What is going on over at Ultimate Ears???
Jun 25, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #46 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....& this is starting to sound like a dissing agenda w/ UE as the evil empire, almost, which is not at all channum's point I think - 'company propaganda'? Sheesh.

Assuming this all turns out favorably in the end, I would still buy ultimate ears products in the future, but I wouldn't do so quite as enthusiastically. Hopefully, I won't have to test their customer service any more in the future
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

You'd think we were talking about the sad state that Xin's affairs are in, rather than two incidences of slow or seemingly picky response. I do however think channum and you have a point & right to be a little peeved, esp w/ the repetition of information, unless there's prior history here we know nothing of.

Nope, other than registering my super.fis last year when I bought them, I never had any contact for any reason with ultimate ears until I reported the cracked housing... and that took three reports just to get a response, and that response required me to answer, not once, but twice over the next 72 hours, all the same information they already had before they'd issue the RMA.

I posted because, one, the OP started the topic and, two, it really does stand out as the worst initial phase of customer service I've ever had. I expect that when all is said and done that I'll have experienced worse outcomes *cough*Sennheiser*cough* *cough*Audio-Technica*cough*, but while a bad final impression is more damaging, bad first impressions don't help your case either. As was drilled into my head in my days of retail management, you only have one chance to make a good first impression on the customer, after that, it's all playing catch up.

Jun 25, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #47 of 215
Quote:

Oh no way...call me a fanboy if you will....but I'd take UE & Triple Fi any day, even w/ an irregular CS, over Shure. Shure may have great CS, but their phones? Just not for me. At Triple Fi level, it's the SE530, which I wouldn't want even if they included a spare pair (just in case) and had a Shure rep come over for coffee. And they bring the coffee.

....& this is starting to sound like a dissing agenda w/ UE as the evil empire, almost, which is not at all channum's point I think - 'company propaganda'? Sheesh.

You'd think we were talking about the sad state that Xin's affairs are in, rather than two incidences of slow or seemingly picky response. I do however think channum and you have a point & right to be a little peeved, esp w/ the repetition of information, unless there's prior history here we know nothing of.

As far as evil empire dramatics, nope I just think UE needs to buck up and be more straightforward. Propaganda? absolutely the inference they setup on their site is all issues will be resolved quickly. Not the case, in fact I never received a response to the emails I initially sent. I only got a RMA because I called. Do most companies use propaganda no doubt, just UE is getting caught in theirs.

As for prior history with CS, none at all. Never had any problems with my other two IEMs by UE, so this is my first experience with their CS. I also hope their is a quick resolve and I can report back to this thread that they fixed and all is well.

Jun 25, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #48 of 215
Amen to that. I hope both yours, channum's and nuwidol's breakages are resolved quickly and efficiently
smily_headphones1.gif

As so I hope for mine...

Yeah, sorry for the 'empire' bit - I went a bit Obi Won for a minute there
wink.gif

Jun 25, 2008 at 6:27 PM Post #49 of 215
Weird...I didn't have to fill out any forms or register for anything when I sent my UE3's in this morning. Tarah got back to me the next day with a RMA#, so unsure of what your delay(s) were.

Brendan

Jun 25, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #50 of 215
Well I never.

I suggest everyone writes a slightly snotty email. Four minutes after sending one I got this:

Quote:

Hello Dale,

You need an RMA for your Triple.fi?

I have you in my log that I issued you one maybe the email got lost… here are your instructions…

Please return your headphones with all of the accessories that you have to the address noted below my signature…

Clearly write your RMA number on the OUTSIDE of the packaging.

Your RMA number is ##-####

Inside the package please include a copy of the purchase receipt.

NO Replacements will be sent out unless you have proof of the purchase.

Give your shipping address and telephone number of where to send it back to.

If you don’t include your ship to address in the inside of the package the shipment can be delayed.

PLEASE NO PO BOX ADDRESSES!

And also give a written description for the reason of why you are returning them.

NOTE: All replacements are shipped within 1 week of receipt of your return and are shipped via FedEx ground with a signature required, once the replacement has shipped we cannot re-route the package.

Thanks,

Tarah Draper
Customer Service Rep
5 Jenner Street
Suite 100
Irvine, CA 92618
Ultimate Ears Earphones Headphones Personal Monitors

Now all I need is a proof of purchase. I bought them second hand & the seller didn't include one.

Now I don't know what to do....

Jun 25, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #51 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuwidol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now all I need is a proof of purchase. I bought them second hand & the seller didn't include one.

Now I don't know what to do....

Even if they had, the terms of their warranty wouldn't obligate them. From their warranty: Quote:

This limited warranty applies only to new Products purchased from Ultimate Ears or through authorized retail sellers. Warranty coverage will be provided only to the original retail purchaser. Transfer of any Product through any unauthorized distributor or retail seller renders this limited warranty null and void. Any Product sold by a private party or unauthorized distributor or retail seller is sold on an “as is” and “with all faults” basis, and as such the entire risk as to the quality and performance of such Product will be with the buyer.

You could contact the original seller and see if they have anything, but if they still own any other UE products, they're probably not going to be so keen on risking their warranty for those products to help you impersonate them.

Otherwise, you're going to be stuck at some variation of the truth and taking your chances if they relent or not.

Jun 25, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #52 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by channum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could contact the original seller and see if they have anything

I sent him a message earlier. Hopefully I can sort something out. I hadn't realised their warranty was so strict. Especially with a fault that seems to be quite common.

A stance similar to that of Shure & their noted cable breakage would of been closer to what I expected.

Jun 25, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #53 of 215
Shure will replace FOC for even second/third owners? Impressive.

Jun 26, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #54 of 215
Quote:

I have to say, it did take a few days & three emails to get a response (Jeanette acted on it almost immediately when I emailed her). I don't think the website service email address is that useful...others' mileage does seem to vary tho.

What do you mean by 'cable coming off the plastic emblem' Western?

I mean the covering on the cable is starting to come out from the point where it goes into the plastic cap which in turn goes into the monitor......makes sense ??
redface.gif

Jun 26, 2008 at 8:56 AM Post #55 of 215
Wow, unusual, Western. I've not read any instances of cable problems that I recall.

Contact them, you may be able to get a replacement cable w/out having to send your Triples back**.

**edit\ OK, one problem noted by FlavioWolff in the TF10 Appreciation Thread. But read channum's post top of p 91. He quotes from the UE warranty page.

Jun 27, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #56 of 215
Question for anyone else who is dealing or who has dealt with UE for an RMA: did they notify you in any way about the status, or did the return package just show up at your door out of the blue?

They should have received my package on Wednesday but I haven't heard so much as a peep from them. Either it's late, lost, or just one more sign of unprofessionalism on their parts. Everyone else I've ever dealt with had the courtesey to update you on the status of your RMA even it it was something as vague as "Update 1: Package received", "Update 2: Package in service center", "Update 3: Repair completed, return package sent to customer".

Gods, I love these triple.fis sitting in my ears right now, but if this isn't resolved fully in a week, they're going back
frown.gif

Jun 27, 2008 at 2:37 PM Post #57 of 215
No confirmation of item recieved from UE, but as I sent from UK I'm not sure how long it would take to get there. I'd guess a week so they should get the package any time now...

Jun 27, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #58 of 215
Quote:

Question for anyone else who is dealing or who has dealt with UE for an RMA: did they notify you in any way about the status, or did the return package just show up at your door out of the blue?

They should have received my package on Wednesday but I haven't heard so much as a peep from them. Either it's late, lost, or just one more sign of unprofessionalism on their parts. Everyone else I've ever dealt with had the courtesey to update you on the status of your RMA even it it was something as vague as "Update 1: Package received", "Update 2: Package in service center", "Update 3: Repair completed, return package sent to customer".

Gods, I love these triple.fis sitting in my ears right now, but if this isn't resolved fully in a week, they're going back
frown.gif

To be honest I just got mine shipped back 3 day priority to ue yesterday, which means since both in cali it will arrive today or saturday at the latest.
I would hope you get some type of confirmation it was received otherwise if the package has gone missing its going to be lost for way over a week minimum since the only way you will know its lost is when your replacement doesn't show up a week later?

Jun 27, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #59 of 215
Quote:

I've never gotten any notification, and I've sent back earphones to UE a total of nine times. I like this though, makes you forget about them and then your heart raises when you notice the FedEx sheet in your mailbox.
tongue.gif

Jun 27, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #60 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matteman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never gotten any notification, and I've sent back earphones to UE a total of nine times. I like this though, makes you forget about them and then your heart raises when you notice the FedEx sheet in your mailbox.
tongue.gif

If I didn't have a countdown on the window to return my triple.fis, I might be able to handle this unknown status a bit easier. However, since I am a stickler for good service and have $338 purchase hanging on how they handle my dead super.fi 5s, this is wearing my patience thin.

Still, thanks for confirming my suspicion. I guess that means I can start looking for them next Tuesday, and then I can get myself worked up a third time
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back