What is going on over at Ultimate Ears???
Jun 27, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #61 of 215
Calm.Calm.Calm.

Waves roll slowly in along the Pacific shore...birds take flight in easy, wheeling circles...somewhere a cricket sings...

Ah, peace comes dropping slow....

wink.gif

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:02 PM Post #62 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Calm.Calm.Calm.

Waves roll slowly in along the Pacific shore...birds take flight in easy, wheeling circles...somewhere a cricket sings...

Ah, peace comes dropping slow....

wink.gif

I am essentially calm, I just keep thinking I must have reached the peak of my frustration with this situation, but they keep on gifting me with some new height of, "HA! Did you think we'd actually send you the Fedex tracking information even though we insisted you include your name, address, email, phone number and mother's maiden name (ok, not that last part
wink.gif
) and require a signature and refuse to send it to any different address than whatever one you told us initially even though in spite of our claims about turn around times we won't actually let you know how long we've had it, what we're doing with it, or when we're sending it back and by the time we get around to it things might have changed for you? It's all a big old fun mystery, cause that's how we roll, biatch!"
biggrin.gif

Given how basic most of the cures to their communication problems are, I just have to shake my head at how they expect anyone to shell out $1200 for UE11s. I'm on the edge of returning my triple.fis even though I say without reservation they're the overall best head or earphones I've ever heard. Even if you could promise me that UE11s sounded 10 times as good and were 10 times as comfortable, there is no way I'd risk that kind of money with a company that can't handle things better than this.

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #63 of 215
I got an email from UE today, they are going to send me new cables.
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #64 of 215
That's nice.

Then what? You planning on keeping on with them?

Jun 28, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #65 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by western120 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got an email from UE today, they are going to send me new cables.
biggrin.gif

I have also received the same email
smily_headphones1.gif
I've enjoyed using my px100's again though, less hassle and more comfortable.

Jun 28, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #66 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by channum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am essentially calm, I just keep thinking I must have reached the peak of my frustration with this situation, but they keep on gifting me with some new height of, "HA! Did you think we'd actually send you the Fedex tracking information even though we insisted you include your name, address, email, phone number and mother's maiden name (ok, not that last part
wink.gif
) and require a signature and refuse to send it to any different address than whatever one you told us initially even though in spite of our claims about turn around times we won't actually let you know how long we've had it, what we're doing with it, or when we're sending it back and by the time we get around to it things might have changed for you? It's all a big old fun mystery, cause that's how we roll, biatch!"
biggrin.gif

Given how basic most of the cures to their communication problems are, I just have to shake my head at how they expect anyone to shell out $1200 for UE11s. I'm on the edge of returning my triple.fis even though I say without reservation they're the overall best head or earphones I've ever heard. Even if you could promise me that UE11s sounded 10 times as good and were 10 times as comfortable, there is no way I'd risk that kind of money with a company that can't handle things better than this.

I for one am willing to give UE $1200 for the UE11's. I called Janette yesterday and she spent 20 minutes discussing every question that I had. I've previously owned the SF5 Pro and never had a problem with their customer service even after the housing cracked and I needed a replacement. I've always called them directly and found that this works quite well.

Jun 29, 2008 at 8:40 AM Post #67 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckyleo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've always called them directly and found that this works quite well.

Thats all fine & dandy if you're in USA but when you're anywhere else (like we all seem to be in this thread...) it can start becoming quite expensive. Not ideal really.

I got my triple.fi sent off yesterday. With the original proof of purchase
biggrin.gif

Jun 29, 2008 at 12:14 PM Post #69 of 215
Nuwidol;4401201 said:
Thats all fine & dandy if you're in USA but when you're anywhere else (like we all seem to be in this thread...) it can start becoming quite expensive. Not ideal really.

Sorry about that. I was being U.S. centric without realizing it. I better understand your dilemma now. Thanks for the clarification.

Jun 29, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #70 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's nice.

Then what? You planning on keeping on with them?

I don't know, I am already out of the 30 day period so can't send them back. But I am thinking of trying the medium olives before I make a decision

Jun 30, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #71 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for us ukers, the 11s are just to much

Why do I still want them then. Damn you Head-Fi. Damn You...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckyleo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry about that. I was being U.S. centric without realizing it. I better understand your dilemma now. Thanks for the clarification.

Don't worry about it Leo. Its a US board. We're just invaders
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #72 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuwidol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't worry about it Leo. Its a US board. We're just invaders
biggrin.gif

Imagine, on the same board as the rebels.....tsk.

And they get their headphones soooo cheaply. I'm complaining to the Admiralty. We need a few more Chesapeake incidents.

lol

Jul 1, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #73 of 215
mine was nothing short of disastrous if u read some of my earlier posts...

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #74 of 215
I'm starting to think their CS department is run by flying monkeys.

I emailed today to find out what the deal was with my RMA. I will give them props that they got back to me very quickly. The news, though, was less than inspiring: yes, they received my return last week, no, they were in the process of moving buildings so no RMA replacements were sent out last week, but they promised it would go out by tomorrow where it can sit in a warehouse until sometime in the AM on Monday before leaving Fedex ground...

At best, they're going to manage just under a one month turn around from the time they were first notified to when I finally have a replacement in hand, and there's every reason to believe it's going to exceed a month.

I need some of Steviebee's calm waves about now.

If these TF10s weren't tossing my salad so thoroughly, I'd be taping the return box up right now, but I'm starting to admit that I am a weak, weak man. I think I'm going to risk dismemberment and order the Sleek SA6 anyhow. If they come close enough, I'll return the TF10 after I audition them side by side. If not, I'll keep the SA6 as back up and hope like hell my wife gets that tattoo she's talking about, because otherwise, I'll be a dead man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back