What is going on over at Ultimate Ears???
Jun 21, 2008 at 12:14 PM Post #16 of 215
ahh.

I just came on head-fi to see about the possibility of returning my triple.fi (which i'd already sold & taken payment for) to somewhere in UK because the housing just cracked while i was removing an old tip. This doesn't fill me with confidence...

Anyone know if all returns have to go to USA or are there other offices. In Europe maybe?

Jun 21, 2008 at 12:20 PM Post #17 of 215
I think that if u seperate generosity, integrity and service. You'll find that they do have generosity and integrity but their service is lousy.
The words are close but I hope you get what I mean.
I found shure's service even lousier.

Jun 21, 2008 at 12:59 PM Post #18 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So if I'm reading that right...

Um, no. You got that exactly, 100% wrong. I very clearly said I'd rather get the right thing in the end even if it took longer, but I'd really rather just find actual competent customer service. Also, keep in mind that UE still hasn't actually delivered jack, so my jury is still out at recess regardless of what hypothetical preferences I've professed. I have yet to find a headphone manufacturer who manages the level of competence I can get at the local Wal-Mart, but at least UE has a chance of meeting that level
wink.gif

Issuing an RMA number should take, at the most, one business day. They already more than cover their butts with their warning that if they determine the product isn't eligible that they'll ship it back to you as is at your expense. There is simply zero reason why they can't issue an RMA automatically and instantly for obvious cases according to the web forms they make you fill out (and then ignore), leaving their rep to handle those cases that are more ambiguous within a day.

Let's put it another way, if I were UE, I'd be ashamed of my performance. I judge companies according to the same standards I hold myself to. The most vulnerable link in your chain of customer satisfaction is when something goes wrong their product that shouldn't have gone wrong. Handle the situation promptly and professionally and people will praise you to the ends of the Earth, do the bare minimum and they will react accordingly. I want B+ or even A work from companies I praise, C-grade work is just that.

However, I guess relative to the competition, they still look good, for whatever that's worth
wink.gif

Jun 21, 2008 at 1:04 PM Post #19 of 215
You want them to live up to the standards of walmart, a company that delivers cheap goods on a huge scale, and doesn't care about any given transaction. They'll gladly refund any individual purchase immediately because it's not a significant impact to their bottom line.

UE is the opposite of walmart. Every transaction matters. Especially wrt customs. So they work a little slower, they have to be more careful, and they generally get it right. If you want walmart, go to walmart.

Jun 21, 2008 at 1:28 PM Post #20 of 215
i think the explanations for the poor service could be who you end up getting dealt with by.

i mean not everybody can be a nice guy, wether its at shure, ultimate ears, westone or whoever, there is always going to be guys that dont care like others do. unfortunately for you it seems you may have stumbled upon one of those that dont really care, and unfortunately the bosses at UE or shure etc must have great difficulty finding out which of their team is a thoughtless waste of time.

so i guess what im saying is dont count the UE customer service out for the odd sod that dont wanna know.

heck i could be wrong maybe UE's service is going doolally but i havnt dealt with them for a long time so dont really know

Jun 21, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #21 of 215
I've always read people saying "hey, calm down. These makers are small and can't deal with your problems in a flash. Wait some more and if you don't get a reply, ask them again".
I understand that, but I guess UE isn't small nor have little money. They praise themself with a lot of worldwide artists using their products.
Maybe you should've said you are Madonna to get a fast reply
very_evil_smiley.gif

Considering customer support, JAYS, Shure and Ety are the best I've had so far.

Jun 21, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #22 of 215
Quote:

You want them to live up to the standards of walmart, a company that delivers cheap goods on a huge scale, and doesn't care about any given transaction. They'll gladly refund any individual purchase immediately because it's not a significant impact to their bottom line.

UE is the opposite of walmart. Every transaction matters. Especially wrt customs. So they work a little slower, they have to be more careful, and they generally get it right. If you want walmart, go to walmart.

You seem to have a serious reading comprehension problem, as well as an uncanny amount of brown on your nose.

My point is that the slow, dimwitted customer service you get at Wal-Mart IS better than what I've gotten so far from UE. I don't give a fig how big or small the company is, it does not matter, at all, in any way. Good customer service is good customer service, bad customer service is bad customer service. You can apologise for it however you want, but a week to issue an RMA IS incompetent and shoddy.

You can't polish a turd.

Jun 21, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #23 of 215
Yes, I'm brownnosing a company I don't do business with, have no plans to do business with, and have no relationship with. And walmart really is the world gold standard for customer service. They have millions of customers, and do everything they can to keep them all happy. If you can't understand why small companies work slower than big ones, then so be it. I can read, you self righteous entitled prig. I'm just aware that there is a tradeoff between individual service and instant service.

Jun 21, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #24 of 215
Quote:

Yes, I'm brownnosing a company I don't do business with, have no plans to do business with, and have no relationship with.

...which makes your utterly wrong headed comments and repeated misconstruing of my complaint all the more puzzling.

Quote:

And walmart really is the world gold standard for customer service. They have millions of customers, and do everything they can to keep them all happy.

In spite of your later protests, you really can't read. The whole point of the Wal-Mart comparison, which has been clarified for you now, is that they're not the gold standard, they're pretty much like going to the dentist if you find you have to return something, and, yet, somehow, that would have been more efficient and competent than UE has so far managed.

Quote:

If you can't understand why small companies work slower than big ones, then so be it.

One, they are not a small company, they're just a smaller company. They have a rather significant slice of their respective (and lucrative) market, they have authorised seller programs with some of the biggest chain retailers in the world online and offline. They are not Xin, they are not head-direct (which gave better service fwiw
wink.gif
), they're a corporation that sells $1200 products to rock stars and hollywood elites, so stop with the mom & pop apologies already, they're wrong and misplaced.

If you're going to sell someone products at "insane" mark ups under the guise that you're the best there is and have a rock solid reputation for backing it up, live up to that reputation or face criticism, simple really. When my iPod mini's clickwheel failed on me a few years back, I had a free drop shipped box from Apple on my doorstep less than 24 hours after I reported it and I had a like-new refurb replacement in hand four days after I reported it. That is customer service, I didn't have to spend a penny and in the time it took UE - for a similarly priced product - to get me an RMA# to ship them back on my dime, Apple had already replaced my failed iPod. I'm not expecting this level of service for everything, but merely pointing out that some companies can deliver actual service for the same amount of profit that UE made off of those SF5s, so it's not a question of being big or small, it's a question of implementing a system that works efficiently and pleases the customer you want to spend money on your products in the future.

Quote:

I can read, you self righteous entitled prig. I'm just aware that there is a tradeoff between individual service and instant service.

There is, but there is also unacceptable performance. I understand that getting around to personally examining what someone sends in and packaging a replacement takes time. I do not understand why generating a 6 character code took a week given that at no point was anything about my situation verified other than asking me twice over a 72 hour period if I had any proof of purchase (but still not actually doing something understandable like having me fax/email a scan/capture of it) even though this was already stated in the original RMA request. In other words, they delayed my replacement at least a full business week to keep asking me the same information they were given day one, that has nothing to do with the size of their company and tradeoffs, but rather an unacceptable level of CS impelementation.

Jun 23, 2008 at 1:53 PM Post #25 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuwidol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ahh.

I just came on head-fi to see about the possibility of returning my triple.fi (which i'd already sold & taken payment for) to somewhere in UK because the housing just cracked while i was removing an old tip. This doesn't fill me with confidence...

Anyone know if all returns have to go to USA or are there other offices. In Europe maybe?

My UK retailer felt that they needed clarification from UE as to whether it was a warranty replacement - they were doubtful & would/could not proceed without said clarification. I just thought it was quicker to contact UE direct, get their advice as to whether I could RMA, & deal with them rather than have my retailer act as go-between ( & I was mindful that Al4x had also sent his Triples directly to UE from the UK.)

I'm not aware of any other regional/international office for UE. Certainly not in the UK.

Jun 24, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #26 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My UK retailer felt that they needed clarification from UE as to whether it was a warranty replacement - they were doubtful & would/could not proceed without said clarification. I just thought it was quicker to contact UE direct, get their advice as to whether I could RMA, & deal with them rather than have my retailer act as go-between ( & I was mindful that Al4x had also sent his Triples directly to UE from the UK.)

I'm not aware of any other regional/international office for UE. Certainly not in the UK.

Thanks stevie.

I emailed them Saturday as soon as it happened but as yet I've had no reply. I'm going to shoot them another mail now...

Jun 24, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #27 of 215
What email should I be sending my queries to? Is it this one: superficare@ultimateears.com? I sent one to this address on Saturday regarding a replacement cable after my original one has become faulty, no reply as of yet. I also sent an email back in March or April which has yet to be replied to regarding another matter.

I'm hoping they reply soon else I will have to send it back to the retailer, I thought it would be easier to contact Ue as they would just send out a replacement cable.

Jun 24, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #28 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What email should I be sending my queries to? Is it this one: superficare@ultimateears.com? I sent one to this address on Saturday regarding a replacement cable after my original one has become faulty, no reply as of yet.

That is the stated email for that purpose. I used it for my broken housing. It all gets answered by "Tarah" as best I can tell. Whether Tarah is a real person or just the "face" for whatever person gets stuck going through their email I don't know.

Quote:

I also sent an email back in March or April which has yet to be replied to regarding another matter.

You're a very patient person. I'll send an email every single day until I get a satisfactory response, and if I don't, then I'll start calling, and when that doesn't work or isn't possible, I start emailing random executives that I find contact information for (got a nice motherboard upgrade once when my RMA disappeared into oblivion this way once).

Jun 24, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #29 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by channum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is the stated email for that purpose. I used it for my broken housing. It all gets answered by "Tarah" as best I can tell. Whether Tarah is a real person or just the "face" for whatever person gets stuck going through their email I don't know.

Thanks I'll try sending another email then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by channum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're a very patient person. I'll send an email every single day until I get a satisfactory response, and if I don't, then I'll start calling, and when that doesn't work or isn't possible, I start emailing random executives that I find contact information for (got a nice motherboard upgrade once when my RMA disappeared into oblivion this way once).

Yeah it was only a question about some tips or something or other, nothing major. Now it is a problem though so I hope I get a reply this time
smily_headphones1.gif
Phoning isn't an option either as I live in the UK.

Thanks.

Jun 24, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #30 of 215
Tarah is Tarah Draper, Customer Services. A very real, & very nice person!
She dealt with my RMA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back