What is a closed headphone upgrade that is leaps and bounds above the Ath m50x? Lets make a list of the step ups in quality help me out my friends!
Feb 18, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #61 of 83
Focal Spirit Pro- much better tonal balance, way more detailed, much bigger soundstage and its accompanying benefits, real bass slam, this is probably the best sounding closed headphone I've ever heard but....the fit sucks, tiny cups and clampy, apparent build quality issues, edgy upper mids

I ordered this one from China earlier this month. It arrived quickly in the US, but the USPS tracking hasn't updated since the 11th! Very frustrating.

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #65 of 83
That's a good deal, I don't think there are any fakes of these out there but anything coming from China at substantial discounts always worries me. $215 is obv a steal tho
beerchug.gif

Yeah, I made sure to browse their feedback to see that others received the headphone and were satisfied.

But I am seriously losing my mind not knowing what's going on with the USPS tracking! It could just be stuck in customs.

Feb 18, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #67 of 83
  You have $30,000 worth of CD's... But you use £100-£200 headphones....

You shouldn't be so quick to judge. I bought those CDs years ago. By the time I became an audiophile, I didn't have lots of money like I used to. And for your information, I am planning on saving up for five figure headphone systems.

Also, read this Focal Spirit Professional review. Some people like it more than the four figure flagships!

Feb 18, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #68 of 83
Yeah, I made sure to browse their feedback to see that others received the headphone and were satisfied.

But I am seriously losing my mind not knowing what's going on with the USPS tracking! It could just be stuck in customs.

Feedback doesn't always tell the whole story. For example alliexpress always has good reviews from people but in reality is the site that is littered with the most fake products, it is essentially a chinese version of eBay. When the Momentumd came out they immediately began selling fakes and many times they use the No Box No Accessories in their Beats and Bose tagline and still got good reviews, like anything, that's manipulable.

Feb 18, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #69 of 83
Feedback doesn't always tell the whole story. For example alliexpress always has good reviews from people but in reality is the site that is littered with the most fake products, it is essentially a chinese version of eBay. When the Momentumd came out they immediately began selling fakes and many times they use the No Box No Accessories in their Beats and Bose tagline and still got good reviews, like anything, that's manipulable.

Well, some of the people who left feedback have very high feedback ratings themselves, so it seems less likely.

@reddog
I just checked the page again and it looks like they're sold out now, so you may not be able to take advantage of that deal like you planned. (I know you were waiting for me to receive it to make sure all is well.)

Feb 18, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #70 of 83
Well, some of the people who left feedback have very high feedback ratings themselves, so it seems less likely.

@reddog

I just checked the page again and it looks like they're sold out now, so you may not be able to take advantage of that deal like you planned. (I know you were waiting for me to receive it to make sure all is well.)

Thanks for letting me know. I shall watch the net and get a pair sometime.

Feb 18, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #72 of 83

You shouldn't be so quick to judge. I bought those CDs years ago. By the time I became an audiophile, I didn't have lots of money like I used to. And for your information, I am planning on saving up for five figure headphone systems.

Also, read this Focal Spirit Professional review. Some people like it more than the four figure flagships!

It was not meant as an insult... Just pointing it out that you should get better headphones if you enjoy music enough to buy that many CD's!

Feb 18, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #73 of 83
  It was not meant as an insult... Just pointing it out that you should get better headphones if you enjoy music enough to buy that many CD's!

Alrighty then! And yep, there are many headphones on my wish list. After I receive the Focal Spirit Professional, I actually want to just save up for a STAX SR-009 system, though I may get the Audeze EL-8 n the meantime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back