What IEMs are on your short list NOW.
Jul 12, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #61 of 82
Yeah, it certainly seems to be almost unanimously praised. I'm wondering if there's an LX MkII in the pipeline as I know the original LX has been out for some time now and the next generation W9+ is being used in the Odin, MkII Valk / Bravado and Hero. @Rockwell75 described what I hope ends up being the next iteration of the LX:
I bought a Custom LX and I couldn't be happier. I think what many people do not know is just how skilled Empire Ears is at the Custom monitor. Before Empire Ears, the founders were in the hearing aid industry, so they understand fit and finish for in ears. And, they don't mess up the tuning for a custom like most everyone else does.

Jul 12, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #63 of 82
Nice. This is an area that I have almost no knowledge. I did try out the BLON 03 out of curiosity and I like it a lot. But, had to replace the cable and tips which cost more than the whole thing. I also bought the BLON BL-A8 Prometheus because it looks so cool.

I was like that a few months back, I hadn't bought an iem for about 5 years (K10 encore).

I wanted something small and not expensive for using in bed every now and again.

I ended up wanting to try the blon 03, plus 5 other iems (and also GK10 on its way). As you say, experimenting with cables and ear tips has also been an adventure!

I want to make sure any new purchases going forward add something different to what I already have, otherwise there will iems that sit in a drawer never to be used. That is already the case with 2 of the 6 I ordered.

Jul 12, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #64 of 82
Every day there's a new buylist for almost all of us😂 jokes apart, my current list is -

Reecho SG-01
Geek Wold GK10

Jul 13, 2021 at 9:17 PM Post #66 of 82
I'm still recovering from the Bird purchase - but also listening a lot at the moment to my N3s which for the price are cracking value. So I may look more at the sub $300 ish mark. Having said that I wanna try a higher end DD. I think the Luna could be great for my preferences....
N3Pro in lineage tube mode works extremely well either Oriolus Isabellae!!

Jul 14, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #67 of 82
for now:

trailli
odin
ier-z1r
legend x
Thummin
Erlkonig
V8
Elysium
MEST mk2
u12t
u18s
Forte
A8000
Dunu Luna
Monarch/Clairvoyance
ier-M9
IE900
Andromeda/Solaris
Anole V14
Fiio FD5
LCDi4

Jul 14, 2021 at 9:17 PM Post #68 of 82
for now:

trailli
odin
ier-z1r
legend x
Thummin
Erlkonig
V8
Elysium
MEST mk2
u12t
u18s
Forte
A8000
Dunu Luna
Monarch/Clairvoyance
ier-M9
IE900
Andromeda/Solaris
Anole V14
Fiio FD5
LCDi4
It’s a shame that there aren’t hardly any physical stores in the Midwest to demo any of these in person.

Jul 24, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #70 of 82
Every day there's a new buylist for almost all of us😂 jokes apart, my current list is -

Reecho SG-01
Geek Wold GK10
Reecho is dropped now and Geek Wold is on it's way! Looking forward to it.

Jul 25, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #72 of 82
in the shortlist for a complementary/stepup hybrid to what I already have
EE Odin (well, maybe not in a real shortlist since I already decided to buy next year)

in the shortlist for a full BA/EST implementation
TSMR Spark
VE VE8
64Audio U12t

in the shortlist for the "wanna hear how they sound out of curiosity"
Thieaudio Monarch
Mangird Xenns UP (but need to read some more feedbacks on them)

Jul 12, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #75 of 82
Oracle
Dunu sa6
Softears rsv
Letshuoer ej07m

Which one :frowning2:
SA6 is the biggest curiosity on my side for months. Seems to be a must have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back