What headphones are you currently rocking?
Dec 20, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #46 of 1,757
DT770 Pro, 25 hours a day.

Can't be more satisfied. 
beyersmile.png

Dec 20, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #47 of 1,757
Grado RS 1 out of a SinglePower tube amp. All my cans and amps are going to be let go in a few weeks tho as I'll be going to a Hospice situation. My son doesn't want them so I gotta figure out what to do.

Dec 20, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #49 of 1,757

Quote:
I was really lucky finding the Etymotic's on Amazon for $79.99.  An absolute steal.  I have yet to see them get that low since.  I try not to waste time with untested over hyped cheap IEMs.  I prefer taking my time and reading about more well known items.  That's part of the fun too.

hmm i m not really digging the etymotic's shape's but if it sounds better i would get it. it's just that i need bassy and ...well really good looks. it's not like the 215's are untested

Quote:

Yep, you nailed it lol. I listen to a large variety of music pretty evenly throughout my playlist. electronica/rock/accoustic/hip hop/pop/stuff like Apocalypica and Bond that I don't know how to categorize. My hfi-780's and westone 3's just plain flourish with my music selection.
smily_headphones1.gif

Definatley :) the Ultrasone's just love them. who doesn't :) BUT they need to be properly burned i first. they sound horrid comming out

Dec 20, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #51 of 1,757

Quote:
If you are looking for a lot of bass then Etymotic won't be your best option.

that's why i thought the SE215's..not to mention since they rock the body of their top dog level ones. they look mad professional :)

Maybe one  day i can get ultimate ears, JH audio's, or westones :) custom molded :)

Dec 20, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #52 of 1,757
Running on my backup Backbeat 326's. Gotta find an excuse (and the money) to grab some Westone 1's or perhaps Klipsch C2's. Should be sufficient driven by a simple smartphone. Dunno what difference my older 2nd gen Shuffle will make though.

Dec 21, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #53 of 1,757
This moment? Got my modded SR60's wrapped around my head, listening to some Jimmy Eat World, it's proving to be a pleasent evening (and by evening, I mean that it's 12:30)

Dec 21, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #54 of 1,757
Senn HD650's listening to the Social Network's soundtrack.

Dec 21, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #55 of 1,757
I absolutely love that soundtrack, I'm anxious to hear what Trent Reznor does with the full soundtrack to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Quote:
Senn HD650's listening to the Social Network's soundtrack.

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #56 of 1,757

You haven't heard it yet? It's probably my new favorite soundtrack...ever. The Social Network was fantastic, but the GWTDT OST is 3 hours of pure greatness. It even includes a How to Destroy Angels (Trent and his wife) song, and the cover of the Immigrant Song (with Karen O).

It's just stunning the entire way through. My girlfriend bought me the super vinyl deluxe edition for Christmas...and birthday...and Valentines. Which is appropriate considering it wont be here until Febuary.

Been listening the ALAC download.

tl;dr - Go get it. Right now.

Quote:
I absolutely love that soundtrack, I'm anxious to hear what Trent Reznor does with the full soundtrack to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Dec 21, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #57 of 1,757
I've been listening to the demo tracks, and I plan on getting the CD set the day it comes out. It seems pretty intensly epic, and I'm honestly just as excited for the soundtrack as the movie!
Quote:
You haven't heard it yet? It's probably my new favorite soundtrack...ever. The Social Network was fantastic, but the GWTDT OST is 3 hours of pure greatness. It even includes a How to Destroy Angels (Trent and his wife) song, and the cover of the Immigrant Song (with Karen O).

It's just stunning the entire way through. My girlfriend bought me the super vinyl deluxe edition for Christmas...and birthday...and Valentines. Which is appropriate considering it wont be here until Febuary.

Been listening the ALAC download.

tl;dr - Go get it. Right now.

Dec 21, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #58 of 1,757
As of this very post I am rocking the Radius HP-TWF21 because I find them to be perfect for the song Ruffneck (FULL FLEX) remixed by Skrillex. Usually I'd be using my HD650's but I am sure my HD650's will see less time when my AKG Q701's arrive next week.

Dec 21, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #59 of 1,757
lately i been using my k601's since i sent my other main headphones out for auditioning. i been testing them off of speaker outputs of my fully serviced 1985 Yamaha R-9 Class A receiver. even off the speaker outputs and these headphones are already pretty sensitive the background noise floor is dead quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back