What headphones are you currently rocking?
Dec 15, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #31 of 1,757
I've been listening to HFI-780's most of the night. It's been quite enjoyable.
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 19, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #34 of 1,757
LCD-2 since I got them last week. First full sized headphone purchase in over 10 years. I was riding on the fact that my inexperience w/head gear would leave me more easily satisfied & it did.

I've been using JVC FX700 iems, for about a year before that, & now I finally experienced what people mean when they say iems lack soundstage. It always sounded fine to me before, now it sounds compact & dense, but still enjoyable, as they are not worlds apart in terms of sound quality.

Dec 19, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #35 of 1,757
Currently burning in my meelectronics m6 (bought for running, I run about 15 miles a week :p).  I'm actually quite impressed with their performance given the price tag (paid $30).  They're rocking eminem pretty strong
L3000.gif

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #38 of 1,757
I can't seem to get my HFI-780's off my head
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #42 of 1,757

Quote:
i'm thining of getttins some iem's for classes too :)

I find that IEMs are the most practical while on the go.  I don't sit at a desk at work so IEMs works best for me, plus I like the microphone and 3 button control for my phone.  If I was more stationary and it was a safe environment for them I would use the M50s over the HF3.  I don't know when I will purchase another set of full sized headphones but I have been eyeing the 250 ohm Beyerdynamic DT990 Premiums.  I'm not sure how well my little Fiio E7 would drive them though.

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #43 of 1,757

Quote:
I find that IEMs are the most practical while on the go.  I don't sit at a desk at work so IEMs works best for me, plus I like the microphone and 3 button control for my phone.  If I was more stationary and it was a safe environment for them I would use the M50s over the HF3.  I don't know when I will purchase another set of full sized headphones but I have been eyeing the 250 ohm Beyerdynamic DT990 Premiums.  I'm not sure how well my little Fiio E7 would drive them though.

i'm eyeing the SE215's :) they are cheap and bassy. but i'll settle on getting the cheapo Monorpice 8320's as a temp stand in after they become avaible :)

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #44 of 1,757

Quote:
i'm eyeing the SE215's :) they are cheap and bassy. but i'll settle on getting the cheapo Monorpice 8320's as a temp stand in after they become avaible :)

I was really lucky finding the Etymotic's on Amazon for $79.99.  An absolute steal.  I have yet to see them get that low since.  I try not to waste time with untested over hyped cheap IEMs.  I prefer taking my time and reading about more well known items.  That's part of the fun too.

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #45 of 1,757

Quote:
I'm loving teh bass on mine. you must like the higher frequency stuff. the 580's still work extremely well for rock and what not. i only see classical as needing the 780's

Yep, you nailed it lol. I listen to a large variety of music pretty evenly throughout my playlist. electronica/rock/accoustic/hip hop/pop/stuff like Apocalypica and Bond that I don't know how to categorize. My hfi-780's and westone 3's just plain flourish with my music selection.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back