What headphones are you currently rocking?
Dec 22, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #62 of 1,757

Quote:
I absolutely love that soundtrack, I'm anxious to hear what Trent Reznor does with the full soundtrack to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

I hardly think of the Social Network as a Trent Reznor album, lol. Atticus Ross' fingerprints are so indelibly imprinted into the sound that I don't even recognize Reznor's contribution sometimes.Then I listen to Year Zero and realize that Reznor's sound has really evolved over the years. *Certainly not a bad thing, I love this sound*

I'm listening to their collaboration on TGWDT right now. It's even better than I'd hoped.

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #63 of 1,757
I agree that Atticus Ross' sound was all over the Social Network soundtrack, and that's why I like TGWDT more. 

It sound a lot more like Trent at his best. Reminds me of the Ghost albums...which I love.

Quote:
I hardly think of the Social Network as a Trent Reznor album, lol. Atticus Ross' fingerprints are so indelibly imprinted into the sound that I don't even recognize Reznor's contribution sometimes.Then I listen to Year Zero and realize that Reznor's sound has really evolved over the years. *Certainly not a bad thing, I love this sound*

I'm listening to their collaboration on TGWDT right now. It's even better than I'd hoped.

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #64 of 1,757

Quote:
I agree that Atticus Ross' sound was all over the Social Network soundtrack, and that's why I like TGWDT more. 

It sound a lot more like Trent at his best. Reminds me of the Ghost albums...which I love.

I heard mixed things about the Ghost albums. Perhaps I'll give them a swing myself. That's the problem with relying on other people's reviews and opinions - I end up missing out on things for no good reason.

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #65 of 1,757
I really like them. Very ambient and spooky stuff for the most part. I listen to them on long car rides at night...It gets really freaky sometimes. 

Quote:
I heard mixed things about the Ghost albums. Perhaps I'll give them a swing myself. That's the problem with relying on other people's reviews and opinions - I end up missing out on things for no good reason.

Dec 22, 2011 at 5:28 AM Post #66 of 1,757

Quote:
that's why i thought the SE215's..not to mention since they rock the body of their top dog level ones. they look mad professional :)

Maybe one  day i can get ultimate ears, JH audio's, or westones :) custom molded :)

Don't buy the se215. They sound muddy and just plain lifeless. I never use my pair because they sound so bad.

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #67 of 1,757
I had honestly forgotten about that
redface.gif
 It looks like I'm going to the bank today to put some money in my account, thanks!

Quote:
Doesn't preordering the CD set net you the 320 instant DL?

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #68 of 1,757
I really love their buying scheme on this one. 

I've been listening to the ALAC copy I got for the big pre-order, but I'm really looking forward to the 24/96 copy.

Quote:
I had honestly forgotten about that
redface.gif
 It looks like I'm going to the bank today to put some money in my account, thanks!

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #69 of 1,757
Somehow the iems that I have used the most this year are a pair that I bought for under £20.  The klipsch image x1 (s2).  They aren't brilliant by any means but through a combination of factors have turned out to be the pair that I have the most hours on.  Got my three main pairs (klipsch x10i, westone 2 and Triple fi 10) reshelled to save on tips but due to poor fit have had to go back a second time.  As I'm in uk and fisher are in the states, this takes about 4 weeks each time!).  Keep meaning to get a better pair but do what I always do when trying to make a purchase.  Narrow it down to two possibilities and then paralyse myself unable to make the final decision.  That's how I've ended up with a pair of £20 iems as my main beater pair right now (that and the fact that the pair of shure se215's I bought broke twice and gave up).

Cheers.

Dec 23, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #71 of 1,757
Right now it's still the HD650's. Come this Saturday it'll be the AKG Q-701 with a Zombie X SXC cable.

Dec 23, 2011 at 6:02 AM Post #73 of 1,757
Believe it or not, I'm actually using the ibuds. I haven't heard them for a while so I thought I'd try them again. A tiny bit more bass then I remember, but for any decent kind of bass I'd have push the buds in my ear canal. It actually sounded bassy without losing too much highs I pushed in them in the right place 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back