What headphone do you take when you travel?
Sep 10, 2012 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sygyzy

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I am taking a 10 day trip across the country. I definimtely will need headphones on the plane and also for use on a 2 hour bus ride between NYC and Philly. Other than that, I may use headphones in NYC but probably not that often since I will usually be with a friend (and don't want to be rude). Without buying a new set, what would you recommend I bring? I know it's personal preference but I am curious what considerations you guys take when you travel. For example, I have Bose Quiet Comfort NC's. I will probably take them for the flight but I really don't like how big and bulky it is and how much space the case takes up in my backpack. I also doubt I'd wear QC's around the city or in an urban environment.

I will have a portable amp and will be using my phone/Zune HD/iPod/Laptop as sources. You can look at my profile to see my cans. 

Sep 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
Without buying a new set, what would you recommend I bring?

I would recommend you bring what you own...

Jim

Sep 10, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #4 of 8
Not exactly helping us to help you if you're making us follow a link to see your gear list...

But I did it, and would recommend the HD25 (my wife loves travelling with hers, and the isolation is quite good), M-80 (better sound IMO, not sure about isolation, not to mention one of the coolest travel cases out there, albeit kinda freaky looking), or your custom TF10 (awesome sound, plus perhaps the most isolation).

Cheers.

Sep 11, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #5 of 8
Thanks for your help Lurumaural. I think those are probably what I am leaning towards too. The Bose plus the M80's will take up quite a bit of room unfortunately.

Sep 11, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #7 of 8
Lately i've been taking my M-80s with me on trips.  Isolation isn't the best but i'm still able to enjoy my music, and I love the travel case that easily clips on to my carry on or backpack so takes up no space in my bags.  The DT1350 comes with a pretty compact travel case as well.  HD25 or my latest Amperior would be good too but you'd have to be willing to stuff them into one of your bags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back