What foods won't you eat?
Sep 30, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #348 of 424

This water was miles below the surface of the earth just hours before this photograph was taken. The rice in the bag was growing in a field two weeks before this photograph was taken. This level of finding basics is not outside of imposable in many parts of the world.The water will keep in this container for over a month. The rice will stay fresh if kept in a dry location for a year. Rice is harvested only once every six months.

I have a personal belief that this water is very different than tap or bottled water.  

This is red rice. An amazing thing about it is you can make it and keep it in your fridge for a week. I also figured out a way to make it in a rice cooker without a pre-soaking.

These two elements are the basis to a good diet.

Sep 30, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #349 of 424

This water was miles below the surface of the earth just hours before this photograph was taken. The rice in the bag was growing in a field two weeks before this photograph was taken. This level of finding basics is not outside of imposable in many parts of the world.The water will keep in this container for over a month. The rice will stay fresh if kept in a dry location for a year. Rice is harvested only once every six months.

I have a personal belief that this water is very different than tap or bottled water.  

This is red rice. An amazing thing about it is you can make it and keep it in your fridge for a week. I also figured out a way to make it in a rice cooker without a pre-soaking.

Sounds great, why won't you eat it?!:D

I think your probably looking for the healthy diet forum

Sep 30, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #351 of 424
I find it strange that people will not eat broad categories of food eg. mushrooms (those who are allergic excluded of course). There's about a million varieties of edible mushrooms and they all taste different and can be prepared differently.  

Sep 30, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #353 of 424

Quote:
Red rice looks good.

Yes,
I used to get Brown rice at Mother's Market in Southern California. This red is new to me. I need to learn more on the history. It is really good. There is also a fresh white rice that you can find every so often where if it is close to the harvest, actually tastes like cookie dough with a table spoon of butter added. That is how sweet it is. A couple of weeks later it will age and will loose the taste and become like normal white rice.

Sep 30, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #354 of 424

Quote:
I find it strange that people will not eat broad categories of food eg. mushrooms (those who are allergic excluded of course). There's about a million varieties of edible mushrooms and they all taste different and can be prepared differently.  

People have a psychological aversion to them regardless of taste.  People imagine a fungus sprouting from a turd and it's over for them forever.  To me there is nothing more sublime then the earthy woodiness of a nicely grilled Maitake/Hen of the Woods w/ a great steak.  Makes me miss Slovenian cooking.  Down home, natural and fresh from the woods stuff, yum!

Sep 30, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #355 of 424

Quote:

Yes,
I used to get Brown rice at Mother's Market in Southern California. This red is new to me. I need to learn more on the history. It is really good. There is also a fresh white rice that you can find every so often where if it is close to the harvest, actually tastes like cookie dough with a table spoon of butter added. That is how sweet it is. A couple of weeks later it will age and will loose the taste and become like normal white rice.

^ I hear you. The closer to the farm the better. We have a number of farmer's markets on the island, but I don't get out to them as much as I should. The effort needed to eat well is not exaggerated, but to refine the dishes can take it to another level. 

Sep 30, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #356 of 424

Quote:
People have a psychological aversion to them regardless of taste.  People imagine a fungus sprouting from a turd and it's over for them forever.  To me there is nothing more sublime then the earthy woodiness of a nicely grilled Maitake/Hen of the Woods w/ a great steak.  Makes me miss Slovenian cooking.  Down home, natural and fresh from the woods stuff, yum!

I haven't read though the entire thread but I imagine that the majority of "food you won't eat/try" are psychological. Makes you feel good to be the lucky ones that don't have any predisposed aversions to any type of food! Heck given the chance I'll even drink monkey poo coffee or feast with some cannibals.

Sep 30, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #357 of 424

Quote:
Heck given the chance I'll even drink monkey poo coffee

I'm gonna draw the line at that one and add it to the list for me.  
wink.gif
  Double shot Rectal Frappuccino doesn't have quite the ring to it.  
tongue.gif

Sep 30, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #359 of 424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well-water is super gross, I consider myself blessed to have lived my entire life with access to the Great Lakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back