What foods won't you eat?
Oct 27, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #377 of 424
Quote:
Yeah I hope to try that some day. I've always wondered if it tastes better than the standard, everyday mayo

I'd say handmade mayo is a step above supermarket mayo, and handmade mayo with non industrial, organic eggs is a step above that.
The quality of the egg is primordial, if your egg doesn't already taste better in a simple omelette, the mayo won't be better, a good olive oil also helps

Oct 27, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #380 of 424
I think that the worst thing that I ever put in my mouth was a pickled egg.

I am very paranoid about eating sushi out at any restaurant. You never know if it has layed out on the counter for days on end and grew countless bacteria. I think sushi should be made at one's own house, with fresh caught fish, from ye local crick.

I still don't really see how people can eat octopus and other slimy sea creatures. I have never tried it myself, but I can't seem to bring myself to it.

Oct 27, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #381 of 424

Quote:
Okra isn't too bad if you get the right kind. Bitter okra is just nasty, but ripe okra stir-fried with oyster sauce and onions is a great vegetable dish.

The trick with okra is preparing it so it's not slimey.

Jan 23, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #382 of 424
I think salami is made from horse meat. That's at least what I heard. I had an emu pie once and that was crap but it probably wasn't the emu... it was probably just a crap pie.

Quote:

I would have no problem eating humans in a starvation situation. Not the brains though. I wonder how horse meat tastes like. I've heard it tastes like a gamier more tender cow. Yum.

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #383 of 424
well, my religion has some food restriction and regulation, so there are lot of food I can't eat: pig, dog, blood, snake, amphibian, animal with claw, eww animal, etc.

And there are some things that I just won't eat, like still living organism (you know, eating those mini-octopuses alive is just so wrong. One of Korea delicacies, if my memory served me right. Also heard of those dishes where they quick-fry fish-body so the fish still live). No raw meat/egg/milk. Cook it first please!

I also avoid any young-animal meat (veal etc).

And those sea-cucumber is yuck (forgot the name). And whole eel, sliced eel meat is ok.

I hate chilli! When I eat one of those, my tongue lose most of it tasting ability which in turn, make me unable to enjoy my food. Almost all my family is chilli lover, I really believe their tasting ability is rather weak so they need capsaicin (the chemical on chilli which cause the hot sensation) to boost their tasting ability. Or they just masochistic and enjoy the pain. Or just addicted to endorphins. Whatever, I don't like chilli.

I won't eat meat from head (like, fish head; chicken head, etc) and chicken feet (the part with fingers). It just ewww...

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #384 of 424
Quote:
well, my religion has some food restriction and regulation, so there are lot of food I can't eat: pig, dog, blood, snake, amphibian, animal with claw, eww animal, etc.

I'm unfamiliar with any religion that forbids you to eat eww animals
eek.gif

What is an eww animal by the way?

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #385 of 424
Eww animals: any animals which make me disgusted...  As long as I'm disgusted by it, I'm forbidden to eat it.
sorry for my eccentric English :D

Quote:

I'm unfamiliar with any religion that forbids you to eat eww animals
eek.gif

What is an eww animal by the way?

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #388 of 424
Milk isn't an animal, it's the by-product of the animal like honey, and even eggs. You could say that we are exploiting the animal as a food source without actually eating it.

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #389 of 424
Jan 23, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #390 of 424
true.
Quote:
Milk isn't an animal, it's the by-product of the animal like honey, and even eggs. You could say that we are exploiting the animal as a food source without actually eating it.

I did. And good things too, as I like milk taste. But not honey-flavored milk. Didn't like the taste.
khaos974, you don't drink milk?
Quote:
Well, lucky you, 99% of the milk in supermarkets is already pasteurized.

Anyone ever eat uncooked tempe (a.k.a. tempeh)? When I was a child I like to nibble to uncooked tempeh bar. My Granma used to chided me for that. LOL. But it tasted good, and those fluffy-white part is just tempting :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back