What foods won't you eat?
Sep 30, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #361 of 424

Quote:
As far as I know, wells are man made. Hard to compare that to ground water filtrated through solid rock.

If it was miles below ground just hours before the photo was taken, how does one expect it to come into his possession? Did he have a magician summon it from the depths?

Sep 30, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #362 of 424

Quote:
If it was miles below ground just hours before the photo was taken, how does one expect it to come into his possession? Did he have a magician summon it from the depths?

I would hate to speculate. Otoh the Hawaiian island of Oahu gets its water from an amazing system of natural basaltic underground reservoirs, and its usually rated up there in terms of tastiness.  

Sep 30, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #363 of 424
Don't they still pump it to the surface?

Sep 30, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #364 of 424
Yes, most of the the drinking water in the Hawaiian islands are pulled from underground aquifers with the exception of some counties that use a rain catchment system or above ground reservoirs. Drinking water that has been pumped from underground aquifers use no chlorine as the water is clean after years of filtering thru layers of basaltic lava rock. Which is why most of the drinking water in the Hawaiian islands are free from foul odors and taste. It takes roughly 25 years for rain water to filter thru layers of basaltic lava rock to reach the underground aquifers to make one glass of Hawaiian drinking water.

Sep 30, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #365 of 424
Well-water is super gross, I consider myself blessed to have lived my entire life with access to the Great Lakes.

Well water is highly dependent on location. We lived in the "country" for while, so we had a well. The water was excellent, no off flavors or smells. OTOH, I've known people with wells that were really only useful for laundry or watering the lawn, due either to sulfur or iron. My main water supply today is Lake Ontario.

Oct 1, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #366 of 424
Anything that says "Diet, fat free, light, low fat, 2%, 1% " I eat the real thing or nothing. If you don't eat the real stuff, you may just settle for substandard food. If it is fattening use moderation. Know a little about food. In the industry.

Oct 1, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #367 of 424

Quote:
Anything that says "Diet, fat free, light, low fat, 2%, 1% " I eat the real thing or nothing. If you don't eat the real stuff, you may just settle for substandard food. If it is fattening use moderation. Know a little about food. In the industry.

Agree, I eat full fat everything. And I've lost weight doing it. 

Oct 1, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #368 of 424

Quote:

That is a very wise choice 
beerchug.gif
 If I remember correctly, to burn body fat you'll need to consume some form fat first. Not to mention a fat free diet is in no way healthy

Oct 1, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #369 of 424

Quote:
Agree, I eat full fat everything. And I've lost weight doing it. 

Offhand margarine and soy milk are the only "low fat" foods I use. I lose weight through a more or less systematic program of athletic activities, muscle development, and an appropriately flexible diet that goes with the above. 

Not that I *need* to lose weight, being well below average in terms of weight and body fat percentage. Otoh setting goals for maintaining an optimum physique for a given activity, is a great motivational factor and makes things a lot more interesting.

Oct 7, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #370 of 424

Quote:

Quote:
Yes, most of the the drinking water in the Hawaiian islands are pulled from underground aquifers with the exception of some counties that use a rain catchment system or above ground reservoirs. Drinking water that has been pumped from underground aquifers use no chlorine as the water is clean after years of filtering thru layers of basaltic lava rock. Which is why most of the drinking water in the Hawaiian islands are free from foul odors and taste. It takes roughly 25 years for rain water to filter thru layers of basaltic lava rock to reach the underground aquifers to make one glass of Hawaiian drinking water.

I have been gone for a couple days due to a nasty rootkit virus on my PC.

Anyway the water just like Hawaii comes from an underground aquifer which has the water pumping up to the earth surface in a pool of volcanic rock. You just fill up the bottle. This water is cold and has a great taste. It is about a 25 minute drive from my house.I actually have water coming out of the ground five feet from where my back yard ends. The difference is it is coming from a closer to the surface water table and really not the same.

I have drilled a well on my land about 150 feet down but the water is not great for drinking due to the rust level, seems there is a lot of iron in the rock near the well. The other issue is that in third world countries there is no sewage system so much of the sewage goes directly into the upper water table. Locals who have drank the water from an early age have a pre-developed immunity against the bugs but anyone else would be hard pressed to obtain an immunity. In 2003 I was sick for 45 days from the water and again 45 days sick in 2005. It makes the Mexico water seem like nothing with the 24hr revenge you get from it. You can actually die from drinking the tap water here!

This spring water actually has an effect on how you feel. Maybe there is an mineral in it that is emotionally active?  

Oct 25, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #372 of 424
Mustard, Mayo

Oct 25, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #374 of 424
Quote:
I can eat mayo, but I hate it when sandwich shops spread tons of it on your sandwich...it's just gross in my opinion.

Wait until you taste real handmade mayo with non industrial eggs, absolutely delicious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back