What foods won't you eat?
Sep 21, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #271 of 424

Quote:
Also, if you've ever looked at cow in the eye, you start to wonder if they are really not in fact vegetables on four legs.

Those dead, lifeless eyes.

I +1 this

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #272 of 424
I like shrimp and lobster, but I hate killing so if they are really not in fact vegetables on four legs.many barely-sentient beings. This is why I prefer cow. Less unnecessary killing of critters. Also, if you've ever looked at cow in the eye, you start to wonder

Good one, had me smile :wink:

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:31 AM Post #274 of 424
I can't stand eating Natto (traditional Japanese fermented soybeans) at sushi bar restaurants. I'm not sure if it's the quality or if I really just don't like it. The texture is sticky/viscous/chewy/nutty and it tastes kind of bitter to me. I don't mean to offend any Japanese people out there, I respect the culture, but maybe it isn't my type of food.

If anyone does like it, can you suggest a brand to buy?

Out of randomness, where is the giant complaints thread? I have an urge to post a complaint about Facebook's new layout.

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #276 of 424
miceblue, your post just reminded me about chao tofu (stinky tofu).

Came across this in Taiwan. I suppose it's something else quite a few westerners wouldnt want try it. If you can get past the fermented, sewer-like smell - tastes okay.

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #277 of 424

Quote:
miceblue, your post just reminded me about chao tofu (stinky tofu).

Came across this in Taiwan. I suppose it's something else quite a few westerners wouldnt want try it. If you can get past the fermented, sewer-like smell - tastes okay.

Actually, there are a few restaurants in my area that serve the stinky tofu dish. It smells funny, but I have yet to taste it. My parents won't let me try it if they're around, hahahaha.

A lot of my Asian friends say it tastes better than it smells [I seriously just put sound instead of smell there...this whole audio stuff really is getting to me].

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #278 of 424
@MiceBlue +1 Google+, -1 Facebook, I agree, but back on topic:

I do not eat: Non-starchy vegtables, unless they are in a condiment. As a college (starving) student, I don't think I have the time or patience to prepare and eat low calorie high water content foods... I'll stick to fruits, grains, dairy, and meats. Oh, and Junk food too...(image missing)

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #279 of 424
Quote:
Actually, there are a few restaurants in my area that serve the stinky tofu dish. It smells funny, but I have yet to taste it. My parents won't let me try it if they're around, hahahaha.

A lot of my Asian friends say it tastes better than it smells [I seriously just put sound instead of smell there...this whole audio stuff really is getting to me].

It does taste better than it smells, but it still has a funky taste, particularly given how most of your sense of taste is really just your sense of smell.  I think it's an okay dish to share with friends but I wouldn't get a platter just for myself!  Ma po tofu is much better :)

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #280 of 424

Quote:

Yeah, it does taste okay, just dont smell it.

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:45 AM Post #284 of 424

Quote:

X2, facebook's quality has just gone downhill ever since they tried to improve it. 

You mean like when it was stolen, err, created?

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #285 of 424

Quote:
You mean like when it was stolen, err, created?

Wasn't really around when facebook started. Was only 6 back then (2002?). However every time facebook changes, it changes for the worse.

OT, I just ate a few spoons of chocolate moose (Is that how you spell it ? Its that smooth thing that look like ice cream) with vingar chips and grape juice in it. Later on it turned out that my friend's girlfriend spit in the thing as well but forgot to warn us (the friend ate it as well). Yet another item added to my never eat again list. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back