What foods won't you eat?
Sep 20, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #256 of 424
Sep 20, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #257 of 424
A lot of chips have them.  

Quote:

The source of the honey or the facts about it? Right now I don't have a local source but you can look for local beekeepers products at farmer's markets and specialty vendors. The facts were from the Chefs Training Program at the Natural Gourmet.

Definitely to be avoided, even partially hydrogenated is terrible for you.

Sep 20, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #259 of 424
Sep 20, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #261 of 424
I also won't eat Bitter Melon. Some of my family members love Bitter Melon and eat it by the crapload, I avoid that stuff like the plague as it leaves nasty after taste in your mouth.

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #262 of 424

Quote:
not if you reap them at night

If you only eat root vegetables harvested at night you will certainly lose weight (unless you are deep frying them is a heavy batter and smothering them in cheese or something) 
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #263 of 424
I also won't eat Bitter Melon. Some of my family members love Bitter Melon and eat it by the crapload, I avoid that stuff like the plague as it leaves nasty after taste in your mouth.

That thing has been a bitter ennemy of mine until for 10 years until I said frak it, now it's just something that I don't enjoy, no problem with eating it though.

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #264 of 424
You filipino?  My dad makes it with some dishes.  I don't mind it after eating it a few times.  

Quote:

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #265 of 424
I would not eat human flesh. I admit that I am open minded about food and will eat any animal or insect but human flesh is off my menu. However, if you are an enemy, perhaps I may eat you.

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #266 of 424

Quote:
I also won't eat Bitter Melon. 

Oh hell, forgot all about that thing!  I swear most delicacies started as a dare.

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #267 of 424
I love that Bitter Melon stuff, especially sauteed with black bean sauce - in smallish quantities of course.

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #268 of 424

Quote:
I would not eat human flesh. I admit that I am open minded about food and will eat any animal or insect but human flesh is off my menu. However, if you are an enemy, perhaps I may eat you.

I would have no problem eating humans in a starvation situation. Not the brains though. I wonder how horse meat tastes like. I've heard it tastes like a gamier more tender cow. Yum.

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #269 of 424

Quote:
I love that Bitter Melon stuff, especially sauteed with black bean sauce - in smallish quantities of course.

Poor black bean sauce.  Should have been destined for some nice shrimp or lobster.  Till purrin's cruel twist of fate.  
frown.gif

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #270 of 424
I like shrimp and lobster, but I hate killing so many barely-sentient beings. This is why I prefer cow. Less unnecessary killing of critters. Also, if you've ever looked at cow in the eye, you start to wonder if they are really not in fact vegetables on four legs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back