What foods won't you eat?
Sep 21, 2011 at 3:59 AM Post #286 of 424
Lol, mousse.  Unless you actually ate a chocolate moose.  
blink.gif

Sep 21, 2011 at 5:07 AM Post #287 of 424
making things that shouldn't be eaten, is like a standard dare,
have eaten/drunk
a shot glass full of the following
raw egg
chilli paste
wasabi
crushed raw garlic
bitters
blood (from a cow [home kill at house we were at, so had blood lying around])
crushed multi vitamen tablet
fish oil
citric acid
and I don't even know what else....

was stupid, shot glasses should only be used for spirits.
but hey, you only get to be young, stupid and actually sober at parties for a few year, so you've got to do something stupid to make it entertaining,
won't be doing it again,

Sep 21, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #288 of 424

Quote:
have eaten/drunk
raw egg
chilli paste
wasabi
crushed raw garlic
bitters
fish oil
citric acid

You can overdose on vitamin you know... Funny how I'm the same situation as you and ate pretty much all the things on your list 
beerchug.gif

Sep 21, 2011 at 7:03 AM Post #289 of 424
I have done some wild stuff on a dare.

One of the hardest dares was to eat 20 chilidogs, It was way harder than it looks. I lost at about 11 chilidogs and agreed to pay the $100.00 but the guy said if you run a mile you don't have to pay. I ran and he followed in a car filming me with his cell phone only because he was sure I would get sick. I made it!

Another dare that I won $30.00 bucks was to drink a six pack of Hawaiian Punch in under two minutes after it was put in ice water for one hour.

It was much harder than it sounds. 4-5 16oz cans is easy but it's that last 1 under two minutes, that is tuff.

I once ate a table spoon of some really extreme hot sauce on a dare that stopped my breathing for about one second.

I have watched some extreme scotch drinking in my day. One guy, who should have been taken to the hospital was out for a day and a half. The way you play the game is one guy drinks a swig then passes the 5th until it's gone. Amazing how easy the game sounds but how really hard it is in real life. 

Sep 21, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #290 of 424
There are some things I can't eat and some things I can't stand to eat.

Being lactose intolerant I can't have a lot of dairy. I think I am getting a intolerant to gluten so watching that too.

Things I can't stand to eat include beets, turnips, olives, dates.  Most other stuff is fair game.

Sep 21, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #291 of 424

Quote:
 Also, if you've ever looked at cow in the eye, you start to wonder if they are really not in fact vegetables on four legs.

Living on the island of Hawaii, (from a calf) we raised and butchered our own cow. To me it looked like a dumb dog---a REALLY dumb dog.

Sep 21, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #292 of 424

Quote:

If you only eat root vegetables harvested at night you will certainly lose weight (unless you are deep frying them is a heavy batter and smothering them in cheese or something) 
biggrin.gif

looking for root vegetables at night has its pros, I can always glance upon victims to obtain some blood.

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #294 of 424

Quote:
You filipino?  My dad makes it with some dishes.  I don't mind it after eating it a few times.  

I'm not Filipino but I do know that many Filipinos along with a few other Asian nationalities love their bitter melon. Stir fried beef w/ bitter melon and black bean sauce, bitter melon in black bean sauce, steam stuffed bitter melon, and bitter melon omelette  are just a few of the dishes that some of my family members whip up. They put in a good heaping amount of young bitter melon in those dishes that it overpowers some of the other flavors. I kindly avoid sampling those dishes as I did once try them and never got used to the lingering bitter after taste.

Quote:
Poor black bean sauce.  Should have been destined for some nice shrimp or lobster.  Till purrin's cruel twist of fate.  
frown.gif

Agreed, put a dish of black bean sauce with dungeness crab, lobster, clams, or stir fried beef and I'll eat the entire dish myself.

Quote:
some underground stuff  I won't stop eating:

taro
gobo
ginger
jicama
daikon

Agreed, love all of the above items.

Sep 21, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #296 of 424

Quote:
have eaten/drunk
raw egg
chilli paste
wasabi
crushed raw garlic
bitters
fish oil
citric acid

was stupid, shot glasses should only be used for spirits.
but hey, you only get to be young, stupid and actually sober at parties for a few year, so you've got to do something stupid to make it entertaining,
won't be doing it again,

Chilli paste is okay if you can stand the heat.

Don't they essentially have a capsule full of fish oil in the fish oil supplement pills?

Citric acid....wow that must have been suuuuuper sour!

Sep 21, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #297 of 424

Quote:
I'm not Filipino but I do know that many Filipinos along with a few other Asian nationalities love their bitter melon. Stir fried beef w/ bitter melon and black bean sauce, bitter melon in black bean sauce, steam stuffed bitter melon, and bitter melon omelette  are just a few of the dishes that some of my family members whip up. They put in a good heaping amount of young bitter melon in those dishes that it overpowers some of the other flavors. I kindly avoid sampling those dishes as I did once try them and never got used to the lingering bitter after taste.

I'm one of those other Asian nationalities that love their bitter melon! Not sure if it's an urban legend or not, but I heard that anything you grow in soil that has grown bitter melon ends up tasting a little bit bitter as well. Powerful stuff!

Anyone here tried durians? My favorite... >_< The stinkier and creamier the better. Various descriptions of the smell from the uninitiated include rotten eggs and smelly feet.

On a non-veggie/fruit related note, I've never gotten the hang of eating oysters, raw or cooked... apparently I'm missing out on heaven but I just can't seem to get past both the texture and the taste, whether they are ultra fresh or with condiments like tabasco or lemon juice.

Sep 21, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #298 of 424
Oyster shooters are the only way I can eat them: Put raw oyster in shot glass with vodka and some Tabasco, then throw it down your throat.

Sep 21, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #299 of 424

Quote:
Oyster shooters are the only way I can eat them: Put raw oyster in shot glass with vodka and some Tabasco, then throw it down your throat.

I really like smoked and cooked oysters, but the only way I can take them raw is with some Bourbon and a shot of Srirachas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back