What foods is your locale famous for?
Nov 25, 2004 at 3:07 AM Post #32 of 90
In my temporary home of Newark, NJ, there is quite a bit of good Portugese and to a lesser extent Spanish food. There are some REALLY nice restaurants that serve excellent food for relatively good prices. The value is great, and I don't think that you can find better Iberian food anywhere in NJ or in the general Northeast region for that matter.

Nov 25, 2004 at 3:22 AM Post #34 of 90
Washington:

Coffee (Starbucks).
Which is espically good when I have a friend that works at one and gets me free coffee
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2004 at 3:59 AM Post #35 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
You're damn straight. Hometown is Chicago and it's all about pizza and redhots. Going back up to Chicagoland come tomorrow and meeting up with some friends at Lou Manalti's.

(http://www.loumalnatis.com/) They will ship anywhere and it pretty much tastes like it does at the restaurant. I grew up near the original Giordanos (http://www.giordanos.com/). Very often you had to wait outside in line to get in. They didn't have a liquor license so people brought thier own or could buy it through a hole in the wall from a store next door (yes a hole!). I have to say though, Gino's East (www.ginoseast.com/) is my all time favorite. Da*&% I just drooled on my keyboard.
eek.gif
I ordered a frozen version once and it didn't taste good at all
confused.gif
I might give it another shot.

Nov 25, 2004 at 4:01 AM Post #36 of 90
in rochester there is 'bill gray' claiming to make the best burger in the world. i've never tried it.

there Nick Tahou trash's plate and its the best food ever.

also Northlander Pizza which has lots of crazy toppings.

Nov 25, 2004 at 4:36 AM Post #38 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiker
In my temporary home of Newark, NJ, there is quite a bit of good Portugese and to a lesser extent Spanish food. There are some REALLY nice restaurants that serve excellent food for relatively good prices. The value is great, and I don't think that you can find better Iberian food anywhere in NJ or in the general Northeast region for that matter.

One of the best deals in Food
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

You're from Napoli ?

I was referring to New York Pizza

Nov 25, 2004 at 6:27 AM Post #42 of 90
The #1 export of the Cayman Islands is Tortuga Rum Cake. It's pretty awesome, I must say. In fact, I was in their main location today and bought a Pineapple rum cake. They come in all kinds of flavors, but the "original" is probably the best. They also make rum creams, rum chocolates, rum punch, you get the idea.

Nov 25, 2004 at 8:39 AM Post #44 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic
I just Google it....
eek.gif

Must admit that with soon 10 feet of snow in my backward I wont be able to try it for the next six months...
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

Whoa, yea 10 feet of snow is definitely not Kalua pig cooking or Luau weather.

Nov 25, 2004 at 8:56 AM Post #45 of 90
For LA, don't forget about The Hat's pastrami, Pink's hotdogs, and Philippe's roast beef dip. For burgers, there's this joint I don't remember the name of down by westwood...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back