What foods is your locale famous for?
Nov 24, 2004 at 8:46 PM Post #17 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
Pizza!

You're from Napoli ?
wink.gif

Nov 24, 2004 at 9:02 PM Post #18 of 90
Nothing. Fort Wayne (and Indiana in general) has just average food with too much crappy (no offense) east coast influence compared to my homeland of Chicago. Chicago food: pizza, hot dog stands, italian beef/sausage as well as nice selection of great steakhouses and gourmet restaurants. Whenever my family goes back to Chicago we rush to places like Portillo's (or any of a million other hot dogs stands), Rosati's or Giordano's (or even family owned pizza places in the city). This is good food. Nothing like it can be found in eastern Indiana
frown.gif

-dd3mon

Nov 24, 2004 at 9:42 PM Post #19 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by dd3mon
Fort Wayne (and Indiana in general) has just average food with too much crappy (no offense) east coast influence compared to my homeland of Chicago.

This is something I've noticed too. As a whole, food on the East Coast sucks. Hard. Why is this?

God, I miss the Bay Area. Living there for 20 years, not having lived anywhere else, really spoils you in terms of food.

- Chris

Nov 24, 2004 at 9:50 PM Post #21 of 90
Pasties.

I'm in Michigan (Lower Peninsula). I believe the pasty originated in England, but is now also very much associated (in the U.S. anyway) with Michigan's Upper Peninsula (where our good friend and sponsor Todd originated). You can get them down here, too, but I don't recall seeing pasty places in other states.

As much as I dig 'em, I'd still trade this native food for a real Philly cheese steak or Buffalo Wings. Any Philadelphians or Buffaloans up for a trade?
wink.gif

b.gif

Nov 24, 2004 at 10:25 PM Post #24 of 90
Quote:

Pasties.

I never realized they were edible.
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't think Toronto is famous for any specific food. Thirty years ago, it was a rather bland place for cuisine. Since we've become multi-cultural, we now have an incredible variety of ethnic restaurants to choose from, each with their own specialties. I'm assuming Chinese Food buffets are commonplace everywhere now, but we have one in particular here called Mandarin, which has grown from one small location 15 years ago, into a chain of massive restaurants, each located in their own building, and despite being quite expensive, are constantly lined up and packed. The buffet and service is that good.

Nov 24, 2004 at 10:35 PM Post #25 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nisbeth
Beer, Bacon and pastry just about covers it
tongue.gif

/U.

You left out the famous Dynaudio Loudspeaker company and didn't mention their mascot Knudsen
icon10.gif

Nov 24, 2004 at 10:46 PM Post #26 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by dd3mon
Nothing. Fort Wayne (and Indiana in general) has just average food with too much crappy (no offense) east coast influence compared to my homeland of Chicago. Chicago food: pizza, hot dog stands, italian beef/sausage as well as nice selection of great steakhouses and gourmet restaurants. Whenever my family goes back to Chicago we rush to places like Portillo's (or any of a million other hot dogs stands), Rosati's or Giordano's (or even family owned pizza places in the city). This is good food. Nothing like it can be found in eastern Indiana
frown.gif

-dd3mon

You're damn straight. Hometown is Chicago and it's all about pizza and redhots. Going back up to Chicagoland come tomorrow and meeting up with some friends at Lou Manalti's.

Nov 24, 2004 at 11:03 PM Post #27 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcolbeck
York ham and of course the famous Yorkshire Pudding !
The Yorkshire pudding btw should be served before the main meal not with it.
We always had ours with mint source and gravy... lovely.

Mint sauce on a Yorkshire? Maybe I'll have to try that, I just put gravy and a pinch of salt on mine.

Northern California, hmm.....well Stove Top is the San Francisco treat right?
wink.gif

We also have some really good sourdough bread.

Nov 24, 2004 at 11:13 PM Post #28 of 90
Miami = cuban food (lots of good hispanic food for real cheap) argentinian (sp?) (awesome steak mmm yummy) and there is also colombian and other various south american food places everywhere, depends on the part of town you are in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back