What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jan 11, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #38,461 of 136,062
Quote:
 Norwegian Wood..~ A Day in the Life ~ Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds ~ Strawberry Fields ~ Martha My Dear ~ A Hard Day's Night ~ In My Life ~ Nowhere Man ~ Ticket to Ride ~ Happy Christmas.... all written by John.  Just to mention a few  
wink.gif

Hell, they were all terrific. I think Something is the most covered song of all time......even Sinatra sang it.  

The Beatles were my very first concert on Friday August 28, 1964. My parents took me. I do not remember hearing one single note or voice, just hysterical girls crying all around me and saying how much they loved them. I do believe that the seeds were planted that night in me to become the lover of Rock n Roll, the Beatles, and music in general that I am.  

Sorry for derailing the thread got a bit nostalgic here.

Not saying his songs are outright bad, I just don't see why people consider him to be one of the greatest songwriters ever. I think Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds is probably my favorite song from him, but even then it's not even in my top 10 Beatles songs.

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #38,464 of 136,062
Quote:
You can argue about who was the best any way you want
Songwriter early John middle Paul last George
Performer Paul (maybe the best live performer ever)
Political influence John (name another more influential cultural musical icon ever)
World music George (introduced the world of Rock to different cultures/religious thought)
Drummer/Glue/Actor Ringo (underrated drummer and comedy relief to the tempest of Paul, John, and George) and one of my favorite post Beatle albums "Ringo"

I like Yoko Ono the best :)

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #38,465 of 136,062

On my iPod Touch this is my most listened to album.

Right now I am listening to it on my Mac Pro.

Prokofiev is full of life and ingenuity. Such cleverness everywhere, it makes me smile. He has a lot of fun with the audience for his music.

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #38,466 of 136,062

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #38,468 of 136,062
Quote:
 Norwegian Wood..~ A Day in the Life ~ Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds ~ Strawberry Fields ~ Martha My Dear ~ A Hard Day's Night ~ In My Life ~ Nowhere Man ~ Ticket to Ride ~ Happy Christmas.... all written by John.  Just to mention a few  
wink.gif

Hell, they were all terrific. I think Something is the most covered song of all time......even Sinatra sang it.  

The Beatles were my very first concert on Friday August 28, 1964. My parents took me. I do not remember hearing one single note or voice, just hysterical girls crying all around me and saying how much they loved them. I do believe that the seeds were planted that night in me to become the lover of Rock n Roll, the Beatles, and music in general that I am.  

Sorry for derailing the thread got a bit nostalgic here.

Martha My Dear, was written by Paul about his dog.

Jan 11, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #38,472 of 136,062

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #38,474 of 136,062

Picked this up yesterday and am running it through my brand new AKG K240 MK1. AWESOME!!!!
beyersmile.png

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #38,475 of 136,062
Just got my latest order from Music Direct.com spinning the following CDs for the next little while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back