What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jan 10, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #38,450 of 136,485
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVlvRTqEEB4[/VIDEO]

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #38,454 of 136,485
Quote:

George Harrison is best Beatle.

You can argue about who was the best any way you want
Songwriter early John middle Paul last George
Performer Paul (maybe the best live performer ever)
Political influence John (name another more influential cultural musical icon ever)
World music George (introduced the world of Rock to different cultures/religious thought)
Drummer/Glue/Actor Ringo (underrated drummer and comedy relief to the tempest of Paul, John, and George) and one of my favorite post Beatle albums "Ringo"

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #38,455 of 136,485
No love for Pete Best?

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #38,458 of 136,485
Quote:
You can argue about who was the best any way you want
Songwriter early John middle Paul last George
Performer Paul (maybe the best live performer ever)
Political influence John (name another more influential cultural musical icon ever)
World music George (introduced the world of Rock to different cultures/religious thought)
Drummer/Glue/Actor Ringo (underrated drummer and comedy relief to the tempest of Paul, John, and George) and one of my favorite post Beatle albums "Ringo"

I never did get the appeal of John's writing (or his whole bit in general). Especially when you look at songs Paul and John wrote individually, Paul's, to me, come out far ahead. So certainly I get the love for Paul. But for me, George just kind of had it all. A good voice, he was great on the guitar, was a pretty good lyricist, and had a certain style the others didn't have. Not to mention, he wasn't John, and that's a huge plus for me.

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #38,460 of 136,485
Quote:

I never did get the appeal of John's writing (or his whole bit in general). Especially when you look at songs Paul and John wrote individually, Paul's, to me, come out far ahead. So certainly I get the love for Paul. But for me, George just kind of had it all. A good voice, he was great on the guitar, was a pretty good lyricist, and had a certain style the others didn't have. Not to mention, he wasn't John, and that's a huge plus for me.

Norwegian Wood..~ A Day in the Life ~ Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds ~ Strawberry Fields ~ Martha My Dear ~ A Hard Day's Night ~ In My Life ~ Nowhere Man ~ Ticket to Ride ~ Happy Christmas.... all written by John.  Just to mention a few  
wink.gif

Hell, they were all terrific. I think Something is the most covered song of all time......even Sinatra sang it.  

The Beatles were my very first concert on Friday August 28, 1964. My parents took me. I do not remember hearing one single note or voice, just hysterical girls crying all around me and saying how much they loved them. I do believe that the seeds were planted that night in me to become the lover of Rock n Roll, the Beatles, and music in general that I am.  

Sorry for derailing the thread got a bit nostalgic here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back