What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Sep 19, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #35,341 of 136,356
Quote:

I sooo want to like this, loved the 1st two albums and even thought their last one wasn't that bad.  But this is throw away pop with lyrics that make Bon Jovi seem deep and interesting. I've just listened from start to finish and feel like I've eaten a massive tub of ice cream that I didn't really like the flavor of to begin with.. Think they'll lose even more of their original fans with this one. Not sure what market they're going for now? Was there ever a market for bad eighties soundtracks?  

(just my 2 cents worth, incase anyone was expecting a return to their early stuff with this album. Save your money they're rich enough now... they play Vegas!)

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #35,343 of 136,356
Quote:
I sooo want to like this, loved the 1st two albums and even thought their last one wasn't that bad.  But this is throw away pop with lyrics that make Bon Jovi seem deep and interesting. I've just listened from start to finish and feel like I've eaten a massive tub of ice cream that I didn't really like the flavor of to begin with.. Think they'll lose even more of their original fans with this one. Not sure what market they're going for now? Was there ever a market for bad eighties soundtracks?  

(just my 2 cents worth, incase anyone was expecting a return to their early stuff with this album. Save your money they're rich enough now... they play Vegas!)

Honestly I thought the same after the very first listen. But today I had a bit more time and listened it again, and I've enjoyed it quite a bit. Not every single track though, but most of it.

Sep 19, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #35,345 of 136,356
Quote:
Honestly I thought the same after the very first listen. But today I had a bit more time and listened it again, and I've enjoyed it quite a bit. Not every single track though, but most of it.

That's how I feel about it also.  In fact, I couldn't even make it through the first time around.  Second time I let it play all the way while multi-tasking, third time I found some stuff I liked.  At best though, 5/10 maybe.

Sep 19, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #35,348 of 136,356
Quote:
tonight it's Robin Trower Bridge of Sighs with extra bonus tracks on CD

In a rare afternoon listening session (amp burn-in) - read your post and switched over to Trower's "Little Bit of Sympathy" (4:17). Entered the track at moderate volume until the 2:48 mark...where "Volume 10" took it home! 
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 19, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #35,349 of 136,356

Rickie Lee Jones  The Devil You Know

My favorite singer's brand new album of covers.  Most excellent!

[size=10.5pt]1.”Sympathy For The Devil” (Mick Jagger-Keith Richards)[/size]
[size=10.5pt]2.”Only Love Can Break Your Heart” (Neil Young)[/size]
3.“Masterpiece” (Ben Harper)

4.“The Weight” (Robbie Robertson)
5.“St. James Infirmary” (traditional)
6.“Comfort You” (Van Morrison)
7.“Reason To Believe” (Tim Hardin)
8.“Play With Fire” (Mick Jagger-Keith Richards-William Wyman-Robert Charles Watts-Brian Jones)
9.“Seems Like A Long Time” (Theodore Anderson)
10.“Catch The Wind” (Donovan Leitch)

Streamable at pastemagazine.com:

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/av/2012/09/album-stream-rickie-lee-jones---the-devil-you-know.html

Sep 19, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #35,351 of 136,356
Currently in love with classical music, 

Mozart's Serenade No.13 'Eine kleine Nachtmusik': Allegro 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back