What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jul 3, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #33,856 of 135,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover666 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Snip...

Wow... How do I not know this band? I must have been under a rock for a while.
I need more of this old skool thrash, the Cookie Monster growlers get old after a while...
beerchug.gif

Jul 4, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #33,859 of 135,992
Quote:
Wow... How do I not know this band? I must have been under a rock for a while.
I need more of this old skool thrash, the Cookie Monster growlers get old after a while...
beerchug.gif

You must have been under a big rock. 
wink.gif
 In my early teens starting around 12, I got into thrash, the big four, plus Testament. I listened to all that stuff for years until I got into more rock and jazz oriented. In the past couple of years as I approach 40, I find myself getting back into the music of my youth, I must be close to a mid-life crisis. I find the music very refreshing and not dated sounding at all. A lot of metal that comes out today sounds the same to me or is just plain boring. Don't get me wrong, there are a few metal bands that have come along over the years that I like, but for the most part the scene is oversaturated in all areas and just plain sucks. I know I sound like an old curmudgeon, and I am getting there, but I am very picky when it comes to the metal that I like, hell, the music that I like for that matter. But I know I am right, so I take comfort in that. 
tongue.gif

Yes, TrollDragon, the Cookie Monster(ers) have always given me a chuckle, it's too bad because a lot of the music is pretty good.

Cheers,
Dan

Jul 4, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #33,860 of 135,992

The Black Keys - El Camino

Jul 4, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #33,861 of 135,992
The new Monuments track, Doxa

Jul 4, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #33,866 of 135,992
Jul 4, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #33,870 of 135,992

I know, I know.

But there's one song on here I love, called Girls Fall Like Dominoes. It's only on the deluxe version. So yes, I needed to buy the whole album on iTunes for that one track. Lol. The rest of the album I really don't care for at all. But that song, I love. And it's playing now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back