What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jul 8, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #19,787 of 137,804
Awesome post!

Thank you, Hi-Finthen.

Jul 8, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #19,788 of 137,804

Quote:
How is that album? I have very hit and miss taste with Glass.

I bought the album  specifically for Metamorphosis 1 . The other tracks are ok. If you go to the link you can listen to them from the side list.

I agree Glass can be quite hit and miss. For example, I love The Hours soundtrack. On the strength of that I bought the Notes On A Scandal Soundtrack. No comparison. You can imagine the director saying "Hey Phill', can you give us something like The Hours, but darker" and Glass is just thinking 'just give me the cheque'.

Jul 8, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #19,793 of 137,804
     Quote:
Originally Posted by rehabitat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Robert Hood - Omega Man
^Love the cover art. Never heard of it but if this sounds as good as it looks, it must be pure genius.

Robert Hood is considered one of the pioneers of 'minimal techno' and created this album as an envisioned soundtrack to the 1971 sci-fi film 'Omega Man' film starring Charlton Heston.  The album is good and atmospheric and would only satisfy people that listen to this genre but I would not define it as pure genius also I concur with the cover art aesthetics.

Currently:

The Mount Fuji Doom Jazz Corporation - Succubus

Jul 9, 2010 at 10:27 AM Post #19,799 of 137,804
Quote:
Soul To Soul - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I have that Keith Jarrett album cover on a T-shirt!

Stevie's boots are HOT

Quote:
Vinicius Cantuária - Amor Brasileiro (on CD)

wow
Quote:
Sabbath Assembly -

and several others...:

There is some very interesting music on here.  This thread must be the best on head-fi.,  I think I heard a hear a penny drop?
u giz no azwel azidoo :)
Quote:
     Quote:

Robert Hood is considered one of the pioneers of 'minimal techno' and created this album as an envisioned soundtrack to the 1971 sci-fi film 'Omega Man' film starring Charlton Heston.  The album is good and atmospheric and would only satisfy people that listen to this genre but I would not define it as pure genius also I concur with the cover art aesthetics.

Ta for the info, very cool.  I get carried away sometimes
normal_smile .gif
just my daft method of stimulating conversation.
btw luv ur avtr 2, strong.

This thread is so good I barely had time for this:
1 pipe +
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Godspeed, You... - Yanqui UXO

but then I decided that the following was a superior blend of style AND substance:

and went to bed z:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back