What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Mar 16, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #59,150 of 136,315

Amazarashi  Kisetsu wa Tsugitsugi Shindeiku

AICL-2821.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aRNsE4iJis

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #59,156 of 136,315
  You should also check out the Lets Talk Metal thread 'round these parts tons of goodies there.

+1-I'm a non traditional metal fan (translate-middle aged family guy) and I love Agalloch. Their entire back catalog is really good. Serpent and the Sphere from 2014 is much more mellow, but very good. The Mantle and Ashes Against the Grain are probably my favorite from their back catalog. One of the most forward thinking USBM band IMO that almost transcend the genre.

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #59,157 of 136,315
  +1-I'm a non traditional metal fan (translate-middle aged family guy) and I love Agalloch. Their entire back catalog is really good. Serpent and the Sphere from 2014 is much more mellow, but very good. The Mantle and Ashes Against the Grain are probably my favorite from their back catalog. One of the most forward thinking USBM band IMO that almost transcend the genre.

I used to own the limited wood box set of Ashes Against The Grain. Great album.

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #59,158 of 136,315

That reminds me of a very old (and possibly apocryphal) tale I remember from my days in the classical music business. Someone rang up a publisher, asking for the Kodaly "Buttock-pressing song", which he/she had heard on the radio.

After some enquiry and exchanges of correspondence, it turned out that what the customer wanted was "Could I but express in Song" by Malashkin...

Mar 16, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #59,159 of 136,315
71QofpJcrlL._SL1143_.jpg

I haven't listened to this album in a few years. IDK, the production just sounds flat to me tonight. I need to listen to Frances the Mute or De Loused.....again to compare. I used to love this band. Maybe more of an Ipod listen for me
confused_face.gif

81mgl9A5wML._SX522_.jpg

Morbus Chron, Sweven (2014) one of the better "sounding" extreme metal releases  from last year IMO with  nice dynamic range for a genre known to be kicked in the teeth with squashed loudness.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back