What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Mar 17, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #50,867 of 136,910
Louis Barabbas & The Bedlam Six - I Ain't Done

Snarky Puppy - Earflow

How do you say WOW in Japanese? I couldn't quite figure out the mask thing...

To say WOW in Japanese in one of many possible ways is, sugoi. There are other ways, but this one is the most common term used.

As for the mask they more than likely have a cold. They wear to help prevent spreading of any illness. They may also wear the mask to prevent themselves from catching any bug that may be going around.

Mar 17, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #50,871 of 136,910

This has been a long time favorite of mine. I've listened to this album a lot over the last 30 years in everything from LP to cassette, CD and now FLAC. Tonight I'm listening to this in two formats, a regular FLAC file and a 96/24 high resolution edition, and seeing if I can discern any difference between the two. Based on my limited listening through my Meelectronics CW31's (The Mad Dogs are off getting upgraded to the Pro version) I think the high-res version has a bit more detail and fullness of sound, especially in the quiet parts. I will need to do some more listening, and have my wife pick the version without telling me which one, before issuing a final opinion on this whole hi-rez music thing.

Either way, this is a great album and I'm sure I'll be listening to it for a long time to come, no matter what bitrate it's at.

ove that album - excellent recording. good post 
  I've been really impressed with the hi-rez Elton John.  The higher end HP's really pick up the nuances. 

which hi res tracks are you talking about - if you don't mind me asking?

Mar 17, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #50,872 of 136,910
  I got myself copies of mirage rock, cease to begin and infinite arms. I can see how they say the acoustic versions lost 'power' compared to the studio versions.
Acoustic at the Ryman is a very stripped back affair, but i still love it.
Have you had a chance to listen to it? 

I haven't yet given it a listen, but I might find it on Grooveshark after work today and form an opinion for myslef. There's a copy at Best Buy locally, so if I like it I might buy.

Mar 17, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #50,875 of 136,910
This is an extremely impressive album from Depeche Mode. And 99% of the people listening to it won't get it. It's not mainstream, it's not catchy. But it's extremely well done and a lot of heart, thought and effort went into it.

Mar 17, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #50,877 of 136,910
Tord Gustavsen Trio - Being There​

Mar 17, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #50,878 of 136,910
 Been listening too 5 Beatles albums tonight, got a few more left 
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #50,879 of 136,910
Lately I've been listening to Courtney Barnett -her lyrics amuse me and I love her unique guitar's and arrangement

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back