What Are You Listening To Right Now?
May 24, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #136,906 of 137,783
Opeth - Blackwater Park.png
I listen to only about three heavy metal bands, and Opeth is my favorite. They
are so emotionally complex and still fun at the same time. Album produced by
Steven Wilson ... good move, mates.

Opeth - Garden of the Titans.png
The source here is a ripped CD to FLAC at 16/44.1 resolution. DR is 11 - nice.

Studio album from 2001, live at Red Rocks from 2018. HD800 ~~~~~~> :)

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #136,907 of 137,783
We can agree to disagree since I'm actually doing instead of hypothesizing :wink:

And is it really superfluous.... or lack of understanding 🤷‍♂️

I stated that I've tried media organizers (including Media Monkey, Music Bee, JRiver, Roon and others) in the past. Some for weeks. Didn't care for them. I've noted in brief why, but I hardly need to justify my judgments or choices, nor is this the place for an extended explication on such trivialities. Moreover, I stated that I found them to be unnecessarily complex and unneeded (for my purposes), not that they are so in and of themselves or for everyone. Thus, I meant no offense.

10k ... oh boy. Like mentioned above I keep on adding tags and stars on a daily basis, not at last in order to thin out that mess plus lately I went through some folders and just delete or zip up stuff I really don't care about anymore. No more needs to keep it all and no regrets so far. YMMV.

I have a problem. :smile: I think I've said before that I know people with 20k, 30k+ collections so I don't feel so bad. I do "purgatorize" (regulate to the "maybe try again later" folder; that is, a kind of purgatory category, hence the silly neologism 😄) albums that I don't care for or just find mediocre, at least prima facie.

It's easy to get overwhelmed with jazz and classical: WoW is there a lot of material! One artist/composer/performer leads to next. And then there's huge editions/box sets like this 13 Volume Sibelius collection that I still have not listened to in its entirety. The good thing is that with such an abundance of material, one won't run out of interesting music to listen to in one lifetime!

You sure seem to have more in your collection than you state; lots of interesting and "deep cut" material, some of which is new to me at least. Keep exploring and posting! :thumbsup:

Folder (2).jpg

Folder.jpg

Folder (4).jpg

Folder (6).jpg

May 24, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #136,908 of 137,783
Al Green - Gets next to you (1971)
Al Green.jpg

May 24, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #136,912 of 137,783
I stated that I've tried media organizers (including Media Monkey, Music Bee, JRiver, Roon and others) in the past. Some for weeks. Didn't care for them. I've noted in brief why, but I hardly need to justify my judgments or choices, nor is this the place for an extended explication on such trivialities. Moreover, I stated that I found them to be unnecessarily complex and unneeded (for my purposes), not that they are so in and of themselves or for everyone. Thus, I meant no offense.
That's cool. And I take no offense. I was simply replying to what was posted. And agree, not everything is for everyone.

And for the record, mine is about CDs. For vinyl, I ain't going through all that :relaxed:

Peace :sunglasses:

May 24, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #136,919 of 137,783
It's easy to get overwhelmed with jazz and classical: WoW is there a lot of material! One artist/composer/performer leads to next. And then there's huge editions/box sets like this 13 Volume Sibelius collection that I still have not listened to in its entirety. The good thing is that with such an abundance of material, one won't run out of interesting music to listen to...
If that collection includes the Osmo Vänskä recordings you are in for a treat :)

Especially the lesser known chorus like this one are worth a listen...
Screenshot_20240525_003839_Roon.jpg

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #136,920 of 137,783
I sat in a bar outside of Fuchu AS, Japan and listened to most of these songs night after night fifty years ago.
IMG_0084.PNG
Wings Over America tour, 1976 - Cow Palace, San Francisco
1716590747862.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back