What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Sep 10, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #54,961 of 136,603
  I'm listening to Pink Floyd- The Wall right now, loving it so far.

Hearing this for the first time? Man, I'm so jealous
tongue.gif

Sep 10, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #54,963 of 136,603
Following on from the excellent BBC Radio 4 documentary about Judee Sill (repeated on Saturday and available on iPlayer), I am currently listening to her abandoned (but recently released) third album Dreams come true. Packaged with a second disc of demos and a small video file of a live performance.

Not as polished as the first two records, but there are few better songwriters that I know of.

Sep 10, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #54,970 of 136,603
  Is it any good? I've been mulling over whether to buy it or not.

you can listen samples on qobuz before you buy. I was kinda disappointed the high res version was 'only' 44.1KHz but I went ahead and bought it anyway. It's 'okay' though nothing special imo. It may need to grow on me. I'm still not through listening through the entire album (I'm at 10/11)

Edit:
-another loudness war victim though-

Sep 10, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #54,973 of 136,603
U2 - Songs of Innocence.

I don't really like it so far. Maybe it takes some time to really get it ?

Sep 10, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #54,974 of 136,603
Y&T - Earthshaker
Listening to the LP, released in 81. Great sounding good old Hard Rock by the band that used to be called Yesterday And Today. Engaging and well balanced sound that qualifies for great mastering. Hard stuff with the contemporary and mandatory ballads of the decade. Great musicianship and in my opinion, the bands best effort - the album comes strong from track 1 on side A till the end. 

Dave's vocals remind me of Sammy Hagar or is it the other way around? :)

Dave Meniketti – vocals, guitar
Joey Alves – guitar, vocals
Phil Kennemore – bass, vocals
Leonard Haze – drums, vocals

Users who are viewing this thread

Back