What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Sep 11, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #54,992 of 136,605

I have the box in front of me of my desk... Xmas gift from my dear mother. :)

Currently listening to :

This Last one is the a Live solo of doublebass. It's stunning and Highly recommanded !!

Sep 11, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #54,993 of 136,605

I have the box in front of me of my desk... Xmas gift from my dear mother. :)

Currently listening to :

This Last one is the a Live solo of doublebass. It's stunning and Highly recommanded !!

I love his playing - I think it would be great if he did a collaboration with Julian Lage. ¬

Sep 11, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #54,995 of 136,605
Explosions in the Sky - Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Live Forever
Second album from this post Post Rock band...

... released early September 2001 with a rather profetic liner note...

... that is quite unfortunate on this day.

As with most bands in the genre, they play mostly instrumental tracks. This album is an exception though as there's one track that contains a narrative.
Beautiful mélange of guitars of ever flowing alternating energetic and melancholic passages. They draw beatifully layered soundscapes where you easily get lost in.

Sep 11, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #54,997 of 136,605
  I very much like Songs of Innocence so far, actually. It's a bit of a return to form after more than a decade of sub-par pop anthems. The sound on this album is tighter and more concentrated than anything since the first track of How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, but integrates some newer influences as well. There are hints of the Killers and Franz Ferdinand, as well as small homages to artists that originally influenced the band at the beginning. It has the driven, faster-paced sound that I've been missing from U2 for a long time now, updated to fit the scope of modern rock music.

In my opinion, it's their freshest and most complete release in years.

Third listen here.   I have to agree with you.  Good stuff.

Sep 12, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #55,002 of 136,605
I enjoyed driving around today and listening to this one with the volume up and the windows down:

Iggy Pop - Soldier (1980)

I never dreamed I'd be driving a 2014 model new car and still blasting "Soldier." Or maybe I did dream it a long time ago, and that's why it happened. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back