What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Feb 3, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #49,804 of 136,019
Feb 3, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #49,805 of 136,019
  Ah now were talking - gotta love wynton! One of the very best

beerchug.gif

Have been listening to him from the start , I really like this album of his "Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis" too ! 

Feb 3, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #49,806 of 136,019

beerchug.gif

Have been listening to him from the start , I really like this album of his "Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis" too ! 

You might be the man to ask this - Is there an album by Wynton with the song "sparks" on it? I cant find one anywhere. Im looking for a live album or studio with that track. 
What a performance. That hole band are amazing! The piano players touch is incredible.  

Feb 3, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #49,807 of 136,019
  You might be the man to ask this - Is there an album by Wynton with the song "sparks" on it? I cant find one anywhere. Im looking for a live album or studio with that track. 
What a performance. That hole band are amazing! The piano players touch is incredible.  

Hmmm that was great , unfortunately none of the ones I have have this song , sorry 

Feb 3, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #49,808 of 136,019

Hmmm that was great , unfortunately none of the ones I have have this song , sorry 

Maybe someday he will record it. Something to look forward to

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #49,809 of 136,019

Motorpsycho & Ståle Storløkken – The Death Defying Unicorn (Rune Grammofon)
Norway’s Motorpsycho have been together since 1989, but it wasn’t until their 14th album, Heavy Metal Fruit (2010) that they got significant international attention. Perhaps it was because they went to an outside producer to polish up their particular style of heavy psych and prog. On The Death Defying Unicorn: A Fanciful And Fairly Far-Out Musical Fable they collaborated with jazz and classical musicians for an epic double album that filled with far more fun and whimsy than pretentiousness. | Review

All their recent albums are great, Heavy Metal Fruit (2010), Still Life With Eggplant (2013). They already have a new one coming out called Behind The Sun.

The linked review covers these double albums, also recommended:

Colour Haze – She Said (Elektrohasch) | Review | Buy
Ufomammut – Oro: Opus Primum & Opus Alter (Neurot) | Review | Buy
Motorpsycho & Ståle Storløkken – The Death Defying Unicorn (Rune Grammofon) | Buy
Baroness – Yellow & Green (Relapse) | Review | Bandcamp
Crippled Black Phoenix – (Mankind) The Crafty Ape (Cool Green) | Buy
Swans – The Seer (Young God)

Feb 3, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #49,811 of 136,019

sasakure.UK - The Fantastic Diagram of Futuristic Playdreams

Oh how I love this album. There aren't even words.

Feb 3, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #49,812 of 136,019

Feb 3, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #49,814 of 136,019

Ah now were talking - gotta love wynton! One of the very best

beerchug.gif

Talk about IMPACT!!! I can still feel tremors in the earth beneath my feet created by "Blood On The Fields." I attended a concert once with the father, Branford and Delfeayo. The father is one special cat!

Feb 3, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #49,815 of 136,019

Jazz fans, I'm looking for recommendations for a good starting point for Brad Mehldau. His playing is beautiful.

I discovered him thru his collaborations with Metheny.

I'm looking at the Art of the Trio collection, but not sure I want the entire collection as my first pick up.

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back