What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Sep 1, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #45,033 of 137,797

​
Alice Cooper
Billion Dollar Babies
1973 Warner Brothers Records

A phenomenal album from start to finish,and so many years ahead of time,for some reason I always think of this album as the evil twin to David Bowie's 'Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars' So many awesome musicians on this record from Alice himself on lead vocals and Harmonica to Glenn Buxton,Mick Mashbir,Steve 'Deacon' Hunter and Dick Wagner on guitar to Bob Ezrin playing keyboards and producing ,Dennis Dunaway on bass,Neil Smith on drums and perhaps the most surprising of them all,Scot folk ballad 60's icon Donovan Leitch,I mean,who could have seen that coming?

I absolutely love Donovan's alternating vocal on the title track.I mean..who knew the Mellow Yellow Sunshine Superman' had such a dark side to him...?
devil_face.gif

​

Sep 1, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #45,038 of 137,797
I absolutely love Donovan's alternating vocal on the title track.I mean..who knew the Mellow Yellow Sunshine Superman' had such a dark side to him...?
devil_face.gif

​

Interesting Donovan connection-I grew up loving Alice Cooper. Segue....I'm a casual folk rock fan, but I like the heavy weights in the genre. I remember my parents playing a best hits of Donovan. Found this really cheap on Amazon. I've always liked the dreamy, mysterious sounds of some of Donovan's hits. .... gives me a similar vibe to The Zombies. This CD (below) is really quite good. I was probably familiar w/ about 15% of the music prior to the purchase. Having been listening to Civil Wars, Dylan, the Byrds and Neil Young recently-Donovan sounds quite good to my ears. It's a double disc set and has a lot of music...as much Donovan as I would ever want.

51qGLoU0tlL.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back